• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought 1992 AM general M1097R1 getting mixed info about Nevada title and registration

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked into buying a Humvee last year from a friend in Idaho. The vehicle was already registered in Idaho, and after lots of back-and-forth e-mails between the owner and my DMV to verify paperwork. My DMV finally told me I needed to have the Humvee inspected at the inspection station in Reno. If it failed, I would have to have it repaired and brought back to Reno to be reinspected. Well it's about 500mi. each way from Idaho to Reno. So, I asked my DMV person if the Humvee passes inspection can I get it registered. She said well that's up to the people in Reno, and I said that's enough. I'm not going to buy a vehicle not knowing if I can get it registered in the state I live in. I suggest you spend time at your DMV and find out what is required on your part before you spend the money on a Humvee. Funny thing is the same DMV registered my M35A2 without even looking at it.

HMMWVNEWB

I looked into buying a Humvee last year from a friend in Idaho. The vehicle was already registered in Idaho, and after lots of back-and-forth e-mails between the owner and my DMV to verify paperwork. My DMV finally told me I needed to have the Humvee inspected at the inspection station in Reno. If it failed, I would have to have it repaired and brought back to Reno to be reinspected. Well it's about 500mi. each way from Idaho to Reno. So, I asked my DMV person if the Humvee passes inspection can I get it registered. She said well that's up to the people in Reno, and I said that's enough. I'm not going to buy a vehicle not knowing if I can get it registered in the state I live in. I suggest you spend time at your DMV and find out what is required on your part before you spend the money on a Humvee. Funny thing is the same DMV registered my M35A2 without even looking at it.
I just made the leap and went and will try and get mine registered. I hope I dont have any issues. I will update here for anyone who cares or live in Nevada.

HMMWVNEWB

Yes, no issues in Tonopah.

• S.B. 356 passed and allows for the titling and registration of “retired military vehicles.”
Awesome thank you I was reading that as well but you know how it is. For every correct article there is one written by someone who doenst know anything saying its not possible. Thank you I have started the process and super excited.

HDN

Whenever I deal with the DMV, I follow these rules:

• Don't tell the clerk it's military anything. It might freak them out.
  • Answer only the questions asked. "Yes" or "No" are your best answers if you're able to use them.
  • Provide only the paperwork required.
  • Be nice and patient at the DMV. The clerks are just like you and want to be treated like you want to be treated.
  • If you're having trouble at one DMV office, try another one if you can. At least where I live in NY rural DMV locations are used to registering stuff considered weird by city folk since many farmers use old trucks, including former military ones, that might be oddly heavy or have VINs less than 17 digits.

Good luck - I hope you're able to enjoy your new-to-you truck soon!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whenever I deal with the DMV, I follow these rules:

• Don't tell the clerk it's military anything. It might freak them out.
  • Answer only the questions asked. "Yes" or "No" are your best answers if you're able to use them.
  • Provide only the paperwork required.
  • Be nice and patient at the DMV. The clerks are just like you and want to be treated like you want to be treated.
  • If you're having trouble at one DMV office, try another one if you can. At least where I live in NY rural DMV locations are used to registering stuff considered weird by city folk since many farmers use old trucks, including former military ones, that might be oddly heavy or have VINs less than 17 digits.

Good luck - I hope you're able to enjoy your new-to-you truck soon!
I wholly agree with your first point! When registering a cargo deuce, the clerk asked me what type body it had. I responded a cab ane a bed with 18 inch solid sides on it, but the bed is BIG. The registration shows "PKP" (IE Pickup).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks