• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a M35A2 need to get it home

KC4MNE

Does Anybody know any transporters that can transport a Deuce from the Memphis Tennessee area to Ft, Lauderdale Florida. I am assuming that a deuce does not fit on a normal transporter trailer.

If not I will end up flying to Memphis and I will drive it back home

motorolanut

Try Landstar trucking, I can't remember the tele# off hand, try the 800 directory assistance..
They delivered two for me, Also Ray Patton he advertises MV magazines is a good guy..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Bought a M35A2 need to get it home

If I could get a couple of days off, I'd fly up and drive it down for you. Love long deuce rides. Is it a roadworthy truck? Coming from a dealer? I'm right up the road from you in WPB.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

There is a large network of us in between Memphis and Florida. Just keep in mind that if trouble appears, help may only be a SS post away........

Bill W

I,m alway willing to help out a fellow fla/MV'er, I just moved from So.Fla to Brooks, Ga.( off Route 16) which is about 35 miles south of Atlanta. I'm on 5 acres, you can stop/leave it here if you run into trouble on the trip down . Ken if you go you can stop by and see my new (to me) 5 ton.
Bill Wincapaw FFC,MVPA

http://community.webshots.com/user/capitolmar

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Bill, good to hear from you again. I'd leave FL if I could. How long have you been in GA?

Bill W

" How long have you been in GA"

Just over a year and a half now

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

We hauled dueces all the time on M 872 trailers and pulled them with our M 915's the truck will also fit on an M 871 or even my M 127 if you reduce the truck by lowering the windshield and take the stack off you would never hit any bridge. We did not reduce them and hauled them on Interstates with out issue only trouble we ever had was an M 816 that they left the outrigger supports on the boom and five miles from home they got scooped off by a low bridge. We always hauled them because they could not keep up with our 400 HP 915's. That being said, I would drive it home take a few days fly up on Airtran or SW and have a good first date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks