• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a M37

rickf

Well, been looking for a M37 for a long time but I wanted a winch truck and finding one at the right price (cheap) was hard. Found one in Fla. so I bought it. Now comes the ordeal of getting it to NJ! It was a restoration project that was donated to a museum so they could sell it to make some money. It is in pretty good shape and comes with just about everything needed to put it all together including four front fenders, a NEW wiring harness and all of the hardware.
20170430_125001.jpg20170430_125047.jpg

DieselBob

Nice start for a project. I always did like the M37. nice military vehicle and just the right size to be able to do a restoration and / or running repairs in the average size garage. [thumbzup]

CGarbee

The nice thing is that if you bring it to the Graves Mountain trailrides it will fit right in with the rest of the M37s... :)

CGarbee

In the garage? Sorry Adam and John, couldn't resist that one.:whistle:
I wasn't going to go there...but I was thinking it... :)
That is one benefit of my having the rally at the family farm...we do have a bunch of recovery vehicles and that fully equipped heavy equipment shop (and a bunch of M37 owners on hand to assist...).

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
People go down the road in there pickup's everyday with unsecured loads in there bed's with no problem. One would think that is ok but I would bet if the DOT got nasty then all loads that something could fly out or leave the bed if it was in a accident need to be secured. Rick has lost of small and large parts in the bed so to be safe and correct then lucky I had an old mesh tarp for covering cargo. Your early Christmas gift is ready to be delivered.

Attachments

Last edited:

rickf

The M37 has made it to the land of perpetual rain and mud. At least that is how it has been the last three months. Thanks to Floridianson for bringing it up for me. Great meeting him although we did not have much time to talk since he was on his way to Maine to do a pickup there. This thing has just about all the parts need to put it together from the looks of things, I need to get a couple batteries and get it running so I can get it in and out of the garage. Also will need to get the wheels off and get the braking system replaced and operating. I think I can have this on the road in a month or two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks