• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a M37

snowtrac nome

nice rig I have one I should finish up some day as others said . they look military and are just the right size I cringe every time I watch A-team re runs and see how many m37' were totaled by that show.

rickf

IT RUNS! Took a lot of coaxing but it finally got going. Best I can tell from the paperwork I got the last time it was running was at least close to 20 years ago. So now I can rebuild the carb and start replacing all the gaskets. And get that whatever it is out of the gas tank!

tobyS

I had one back in the 70's that I must have hauled a couple hundred tons of large rock for a solar system, hand loaded and un-loaded. It's probably one reason for my bad back today. I remember being able to walk faster than it in low gear. I have to admit...a Cummins 4b would make a sweet re-power.

You have a really nice one!

Last edited:

rickf

Put some Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas! The valves have a tendency to stick after sitting a long time.
Once I get the gas tank out and cleaned out and sealed I will do just that. right now it is running on a gas can. It actually still has gas in it from ????. Kind of hard to describe that smell! I disconnected the line to the carb before I even tried to crank it with the plugs out and Seafoam/Marvel mix in the cylinders. The fuel pump was pulling the nasty garbage up from the tank so I disconnected the line from the tank. The valves are all working well, it idles at around 400 just ticking right over. It does have quite a few exhaust leaks around the exhaust manifold.

CGarbee

Good to hear that it has made it home and is in recovery.
I look forward to seeing it in action this fall when you come to the rally... ;)