• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Been lurking on here for over 4 years now...ok I've been a member for 4 years.

I wanted to get something military looking to drive back and forth to work. I bought an M1A1Abrams tank. I'm still waiting on the EUC to clear. Anyone tell me how I can soope it up so I can get it up to 90 mph on the interstate? I want to be passing by everyone like they are standing still. BTW, when I went to look at what i won, I couldn't find the door key to the drivers hatch. Cansomeone help me on that.

What do you think of the M1 as a daily driver? I figure if I drive it right, I can probably get 5 gallons to a mile.

How bout insurance? Anyone know anyone that will cover me on that?

I haven't read the manual, figured I'd just jump in and go get my 55 inch tires on and soope the engine up and hit the road. Watch OUT all you minivans full of kids, daddy's on the way!

See everyone in my exhaust smoke or smoke screen.

BTW: What tools should I take with me to pick it up or anythign special I should take.

If I break down can someone come out and tow me in with their deuce?

TIA

Last edited:

bansil

Been lurking on here for over 4 years now...ok I've been a member for 4 years.

I wanted to get something military looking to drive back and forth to work. I bought an M1A1Abrams tank. I'm still waiting on the EUC to clear. Anyone tell me how I can soope it up so I can get it up to 90 mph on the interstate?
TIA
:roll:...ugh....Newbie....search

You'll discover the tracks will come apart at 75 mph :mrgreen:

What no "flip off emotiocons"?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Oh I won't care about them, what are they gonna do. I have a tank. Can't wait to take the kids to soccer practice.

I'm thinking of taking it out on the field to drop them off. It's only rained here a few days ago so I figure the ground will be firm. Hmm should support 80 tons.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Oh, what does that mean.

And I need to know what numbers I should put on the bridge weight signy thing on the tank. I was thinking 69. LOL I think that would be original. I'm sure nobody has thought of that before. LOL, LOL.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC, only you would have the sense of humor to put all the crappy newbie questions into one thread with such class. Most of us would've found a newbie thread and replied "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION YOU DUMBASS". :)

jbingvtx

I hold in my hand the the newbie questions. As a child of four can plainly see, these envelopes have been hermetically sealed. They've been kept in a #2 mayonnaise jar under Funk and Wagnall's porch since noon today. No one knows the contents of these envelopes, but you, in your divine and mystical way, will ascertain the answers having never before seen the questions."

Never doubt the power of Carnac the Magnificent...to entertain.

mktopside

Banned
Take it out of my pay! LOL
You can say it. I write service at a car dealership, I say it to customers.

It has to be said for the good of society.

You know how dumb society is getting? KIA is starting to put a DVD in every car that is an interactive owners manual that plays in the navigation. They know that nobody will read their owners manual, so they hope that if they dumb it down enough they might watch it on screen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks