• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an M123A1C today

Kalashnikov

I have the front cover off at the moment. Wasn't a bad job so far at all. I didn't have to remove the radiator to get everything apart but I wanted to get the block really clean so I decided to take it out. I couldn't get a good reach to most of it otherwise. Good thing cuz the coolant is NASTY! It is black!

For anyone looking for the oil seal, you can you anyone of these part #s:

Kalashnikov

Was hoping to wrap it up and get it back together but my tube of NEW RTV was hard and lumpy so I had to run out and get some and called it a night. :???:

Attachments

battlecr

Just an FYI while you have it down that far, take out the adjustment screw for the big center pully and inspect it. We had one of those let go climbing a 10% grade out some little german town with a D-7 on the trailer. When the screw snaped we lost our steering and anything else the ran on that pully.

Surfice to say it was an exciting ride the rest of the way up the hill. Anyway when we looked at the screw it had been cracked for some time and was not noticiable. Untill it broke. That screw holds a lot of tension. Just my 2 cents.

Don G.

Kalashnikov

well then my grandfather just happens to live in the same town as you **** small world
What's his name?

Just an FYI while you have it down that far, take out the adjustment screw for the big center pully and inspect it. We had one of those let go climbing a 10% grade out some little german town with a D-7 on the trailer. When the screw snaped we lost our steering and anything else the ran on that pully.

Surfice to say it was an exciting ride the rest of the way up the hill. Anyway when we looked at the screw it had been cracked for some time and was not noticiable. Untill it broke. That screw holds a lot of tension. Just my 2 cents.

Don G.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

I got the truck running again last night. Sure was good to hear it roar again! Still have leaks that need to be addressed though.

No but he has a couple of big old bulldozers and can fix virtually any old engine or truck or dozer. His brother lives by the McDonald's across from the power wagon place and he lives directly behind it my grandmother was the treasurer of the uxbridge historic society.

BleedDemon

So my heart has been set on an 809 series truck for a while. Well, that was until I came across this. WOW. Too bad the top speed is 45mph. Are military super singles even made for these trucks (24" wheels, I mean)? That is a FANTASTIC-looking vehicle you have. I see the hood is about even with the top of that exterior door (standardly 6'7") and that makes me squeal with delight. It hurts my heart to know that there are people with literal scrap yards in their own yards with valuable vehicles, not only MVs, that will not let go of them even though they WILL NEVER do anything with them. One of the reasons I don't watch shows like American Pickers, etc. PLEASE keep us posted on all new work, mods and especially PICS!!

Kalashnikov

No but he has a couple of big old bulldozers and can fix virtually any old engine or truck or dozer. His brother lives by the McDonald's across from the power wagon place and he lives directly behind it my grandmother was the treasurer of the uxbridge historic society.
The white house that's on 146A right next to the little plaza with all the campers for sale? Are those trucks and equipment his? I remember seeing a nice Autocar dump there. That white house I always thought was empty.

So my heart has been set on an 809 series truck for a while. Well, that was until I came across this. WOW. Too bad the top speed is 45mph. Are military super singles even made for these trucks (24" wheels, I mean)? That is a FANTASTIC-looking vehicle you have. I see the hood is about even with the top of that exterior door (standardly 6'7") and that makes me squeal with delight. It hurts my heart to know that there are people with literal scrap yards in their own yards with valuable vehicles, not only MVs, that will not let go of them even though they WILL NEVER do anything with them. One of the reasons I don't watch shows like American Pickers, etc. PLEASE keep us posted on all new work, mods and especially PICS!!
Unfortunately the only thing besides NOS tires are grader tires. Altho I was looking the other day and it appears 16r20s would fit on the rear since the air cans are inboard enough that they wouldn't hit. When I get another set of 16r20s and Combat wheels I am going to see if they fit. The fronts however will not fit due to the air cans being mounted close to the wheels-anything smaller than 24s would hit.

I do wish the top speed was a little high but it's fine for just driving around town and not going on hundreds of mile journeys.

Kalashnikov

She lives!! Got the truck back together for a local show tomorrow. Still have a slight oil leak up front, not sure where from. Only a couple drops after shutdown though so it's liveable. Sure was nice to hear her roar again! Drove it up and down a street a couple times, maybe a mile all around plus idle time and burned about 2.5-3gallons of fuel!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks