• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an M925 in HI... should be fun

wehring

Well I could not help it. I had to have the M925 w/w in HI. Now I need to get it home.

I have some guys on the ground in HI and CA that can help but I understand that a vehicle must have a current registration to be shipped out of HI.

I know some of you have done this. Did you reg the truck in your home state before bringing it in? Was the bill of sale enough?

Any help is appreciated.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

bryan70546

Well I could not help it. I had to have the M925 w/w in HI. Now I need to get it home.

I have some guys on the ground in HI and CA that can help but I understand that a vehicle must have a current registration to be shipped out of HI.

I know some of you have done this. Did you reg the truck in your home state before bringing it in? Was the bill of sale enough?

Any help is appreciated.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
WOW your on a roll man :grd:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I only know of one member who has done that successfully. He goes by GIJoeCzar on SS. He is very knowledgeable about the whole process. He said it was very $$$ so I hope you got the 925 cheap. Did someone preview the truck for you? Some of those trucks look decent in GL pics, but are very rusty from that nice salty air over there.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kubu did that also with a 900. I'm sure he will chime in. I have looked into this as well and my transpotation broker said 6 grand door to door. After paying only 2K to get trucks here from Europe, I passed . . . Good luck Justin!

wehring

Ouch....

Well here we go. These are my payments so far...

Runabout $1000
Local Support and Transport $ 650
Batteries $ 400
Shipping to mainland $5,669.91

Current shipping total $7719

I still need to get it from CA to Texas.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Good Question

Don't know yet... sad but true. I have not talked with the co that removed it in a few days. They did put batteries in it so if it does not run it WILL turn over like crazy...:p

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I shipped my 72 Blazer to Barking Sands Hawaii and back for FREE. Thank you taxpayers. It was nice to take the top off of it and drive on the beach. They only ship one car for free so I had to buy another over there - it had 19 different owners up until it got to me. I sold it to number 20 and it's probably still running around. They Navy loads up the decks of ships when possible for 2nd cars, trucks, boats but there is no guarentee on arrival time and no insurance.

Last edited:

wehring

It's ALIVE!!!

Got a report today. The batterier were installed & H20 topped off. The truck started right up and brakes are good to go. Finally caught a break...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you think this will cost you? Just curious to hear if the price is different from 2001. It cost me $6500 to get an M932 shipped from HI to MD.

wehring

Cost

Runabout $1000
Local Support and Transport $ 650
Batteries $ 400
Shipping to mainland $5,669.91

Still need to add ~$500 for fuel to get it to TX.

Total $8219 (The $1000 runabout could have been avoided but this was a learning curve)

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wsucougarx

Ahh, what's a once in a lifetime adventure worth? Now this is the extreme of sight unseen. I wounldn't stress out over it. What's done is done, just move forward and enjoy your new acquisition. It's just money:p Might as well buy while the greenback has some value left in her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks