• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an M925 in HI... should be fun

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WEHRING, good job. There are a lot of hurdles to clear to get a truck home. A lot of guys think they will be able to steal a truck by getting it from HI...not true as I have experienced and you can see here.

wehring

I agree

I am a sucker for learning a process and networking. Most of the time my sweat equity really pays off... most of the time.

This time I have truly gained nothing but experience.... and a nice truck.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Off GL site

Well, it was removed from GLs site yesterday. I was hit for another $250 (1 days storage) because the shipping co will not take it till tomorrow.

It will ship on the 10th and arrive in San Diego on the 16th.

Gotta drive a bobbed A3 from Texas to IL (975 mi) the end of next week then go to San Diego to drive this one home to Houston (1550 mi).

I am sure I will have my OD fill for a while after these trips are complete.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Named it

After all the drama I have decided to name it the "Pineapple Express"

Anyone have any reason I should run G20 15.5 (395/85R20) tires instead of 14.00s?

I am looking at the XZL pattern in the 14.00s or XL pattern in the G20s. I don't think I want to run the XL pattern in the 14.00s due to the "rolling" feel they give the truck.

The XZLs square shoulder should mitigate the "roll" and the G20s on my bobbers don't "roll" I am guessing due to the extra width and shorter height.

Justin Wehring

goldneagle

Anyone have any reason I should run G20 15.5 (395/85R20) tires instead of 14.00s?

I am looking at the XZL pattern in the 14.00s or XL pattern in the G20s. I don't think I want to run the XL pattern in the 14.00s due to the "rolling" feel they give the truck.

The XZLs square shoulder should mitigate the "roll" and the G20s on my bobbers don't "roll" I am guessing due to the extra width and shorter height.

Justin Wehring
I have Michelin 1400-20 XZL's on my M820A2 and I love them!

nopics

Last edited:

Nonotagain

Justin Wehring
Stop by Hundy's place and look at some of the tires that he has. Once you chose what you want then load them onto the truck or have Hundy mount them up for you.

Shipping of the tires can't be cheap and since you will be "there" anyway give it a shot.

wehring

M925

Well, I flew into San Diego this morning to pick up the Pineapple Express. The transit co left the switches on so the new batteries installed in HI were dead.

The low air light is blinking but the pressure is good and the brakes work great. Any ideas?

Worked the dead battery drama, shot some air in the front tires, picked up some fuel and got on the road for the first leg of my trip. I arrived in Yuma this afternoon at 5p local time. I will be here for a week with work then I will head home.

THANK YOU BRUCE. When I left San Diego the truck was acting like it was starving for fuel. Per Bruce's idea I put some injector cleaner (double dose) in the tank when I filled up then headed for the hills on Hwy 8E. It cruised at 40mph and had no azz for ~60 miles then it started to wake up. By the time I got to Yuma it was pulling strong up to 55mph (2000 rpm). I did not exceed 2K RPM.

Tomorrow I will change the fuel filter and change the ten 1100s out with six 1400s. The bed has some serious cancer but the cab looks great. When I get home, I will swap beds out with a nice one I have waiting on me.

Hopefully the rest of the trip will be uneventful.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Westex

Way to go JW! You made the easy leg. I depart next week on Wednesday for a retrieval on a trailer in Texarkana. Feel free to use the house as usual, if need be.

wehring

Thanks

Thanks Stu. I will call you when I know when I will pass through. I sure was wanting your SatPhone when I was chugging along in "no service" land today.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

bryan70546

Wow justin thats one sweet rig , hey i have Jeff smirtch out here working on the platform he told me to tell you hi. Are you going to keep it the way it is .It does look better with those tires on it .have a safe trip home buddy you luckey bastage:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks