• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an M925A1 - dropped a valve?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks DH, Cooler is on the list, I have my fingers crossed. A seasoned Cummins tech doubts it. I'll keep ya'll posted.
JC

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Gents,
I have a M931 sitting in Indy with coolant in the oil, low mileage and very clean. Engine starts and pressures good. Looking for ideas to fix it. What is the likelyhood of head gasket on the NHC 250, maybe cracked sleeve. I'm 100 miles from the truck and trying to line up a mech to look at it. Ideas?
Thanks
JC
Myself and another SS member may be up there in a few weeks to load out some trucks for a customer. If you can get some grace time in picking it up we may be able to check it out for you or tow it to your place (we'll have a wrecker with us). PM for details.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM893,
Thanks, I got it out of the lot and idled over to a private lot and parked it with other MVs in waiting. It is next in line to be looked at by local diesel tech that works on the hurt MVs in waiting.
I'll keep you posted.
JC

castirondude

Thanks for following up guys! I haven't had a chance to open the engine up yet. First step will be to try and figure out which cylinder(s) we are talking about.. are there any tricks to disable cylinders one by one? Seems like you have to pull the valve covers one by one and see if there's a way to prevent the injector from moving.. can the rocker for the injector be loosened separetely?

greenmonster

With it running crack the line loose at the injection pump for each cylinder also a laser temp gun will tell you which one is not firing temp out exhaust manifold look for cold cyl

nk14zp

Thanks for following up guys! I haven't had a chance to open the engine up yet. First step will be to try and figure out which cylinder(s) we are talking about.. are there any tricks to disable cylinders one by one? Seems like you have to pull the valve covers one by one and see if there's a way to prevent the injector from moving.. can the rocker for the injector be loosened separetely?
You can use a pry bar to hold the injector open.