• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought another truck!

67Beast

Well, I just bought a super clean 53' M37 from Midland County Parks & Rec. The truck is original other than a few small items like taillights and paint. No rust and is in great running condition. It was well maintained and kept in doors for the last 30 years that they have had it. It has a new soft top and a new wiring harness from Memphis Equip. And just has all the wheel cylinders replaced. Still 24 volt. And they said that they had a bunch of spare parts and stuff for it that they would throw in. They said they also have the troop seats and would dig them out of the storage attic. The big bonus is the he said that he believes that there is a winch for it up in storage that I could have!!!! I plan on driving cross state on tuesday to pick it up. I guess this means that I have found my next winter project. I plan on restoring it to look like one that my dad drove while in service in the early 60's. He is really excited and wants to find an S144 shelter with a AN/MLQ-24 set up to make it just like the one he had while monitoring Cuba during the missile crissis. Here are som epics and pics of my dads set up in late 62- early 63.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! I had my eye on that one! It looks like a real winner and all the extras sounds great too. Good luck with your plans and please keep us informed as you go.

67Beast

I got it off ebay. It was nice and close to me and it great shape so I had to get it.

Sorry Kcimb, but those were 2 of the best pics I had. I have several others showing bits and pieces of the truck, a fender here, a bumper there. Those were the only good shots with the whole truck in them. The old man kicks himself now for no taking more pics of all the trucks he drove while in the service.

67Beast

amanco said:
Couple of photos for ya
Thanks, I have a couple of that truck from Dayton also. But the shelter he is looking for has the AN/MLQ-24 set up which is the crank up towers that can be seen in the pics. He wants to have it before the next reunion of his old unit next year. He figures it would be a big hit to come rolling in, in a truck just like the one they all used 45 years ago.

nattieleather

Beast....First off I hate you...just had to get clear... :) In fact you should give me your M715 since you can only have two trucks at any time.... lol.

Actually that truck looks great. You may have trouble finding the commo shelter your looking for they were for a short time of use as compaired to the S250 shelter that was in use for years and years. You may have to piece meal the parts together.

Good luck with the restoration and keep us posted.

You need to post it on the zone too.

67Beast

nattieleather said:
Beast....First off I hate you...just had to get clear... :) In fact you should give me your M715 since you can only have two trucks at any time.... lol.

Actually that truck looks great. You may have trouble finding the commo shelter your looking for they were for a short time of use as compaired to the S250 shelter that was in use for years and years. You may have to piece meal the parts together.

Good luck with the restoration and keep us posted.

You need to post it on the zone too.
I know it's going to be an odd shelter to find, but I have good faith in the members of SS who can turn up even the most obsecure part. I'm not going to loose sleep over the shelter either, as I don't need it for the main restoration on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks