• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought First m923A2 from GovLiquidation Today!!

grimlock97

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a 5 ton from govliquidation? I purchased one today (the auction is closed, so please do not ban me) I was in the army and have driven several MV for several years, but I was wondering if they will allow me to drive it home instead of ship it? It cranks and runs and the tires look good, its about 180 miles from the sight and back, I know it's slow I have convoyed several times, but just want to be prepared, I hope to go get it picked up tomorrow. Thanks for any input

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it depends on where it is. Some bases only allow trailer off while others will let you drive out. It should be specified in the details.

grimlock97

yeah, I thought it would be, it just says speak to your local dmv and insurance prior to load out / removal. I can't trailer it I don't think, I think it's too tall for my trailer

grimlock97

I don't think I would have a problem if it was on base as I still have my military id, but it's at a DRMO facility in downtown Atlanta off-base, i'll call them tomorrow once my invoice is done and get all the nitty gritty info, i'm just overly excited I guess, I have my M37 and now an M923A2, I hope I don't get the MV itch and get something else like a HET next! Thanks guys

grimlock97

Now the real question, how'd I do? It's for play for a while until I need money again! I paid 2800 before buyers premium and taxes, which i'm out of state so idk if I pay taxes there or here.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can drive it from that facility. Show up with some fresh

fuel and other fluids, drive it out the gate and check the rest of the fluids and drive it home.

jedawson1

You did good especially for a running driving truck. Not sure of this facility, but would be curious if the fluids are drained. Being a MRMO facility I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the fluids. Either way its listed as a runner, your parts and steel are worth more than what you paid. Congrats.

grimlock97

Thanks, I have a 50 gallon fuel tank on my truck for the dozer and tractor so I can fill it up, I know how to do a PMCS on it before rolling out, checking all the fluids and lights and signals, so as long as I can drive it home I should be good, I just hope they let me get it tomorrow since i'm off. Thanks again everyone, this site is great

ichudov

Thanks, I have a 50 gallon fuel tank on my truck for the dozer and tractor so I can fill it up, I know how to do a PMCS on it before rolling out, checking all the fluids and lights and signals, so as long as I can drive it home I should be good, I just hope they let me get it tomorrow since i'm off. Thanks again everyone, this site is great
Make sure that the feds do not catch you on the road with red fuel in the truck tank.

thj327

That's a good looking truck, the only looks I get from the law are waves and thumbs up around here. We drive are mv's pretty regular too

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you did better than me at $3150 You have some bows and looks like gun ring legs too. Yours doesn't look as rusty as mine either. Way to go! Let us know if your CTIS works. Mine does, everybody says most don't.

grimlock97

thanks, I plan on driving to Atlanta Monday and picking it up, I tried Friday but couldn't get there in time, i'm hoping the CTIS works, if it doesn't any clue if it's an easy fix, i'll let everyone know how it goes Monday. thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks