• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought LMTV... and Got Hemmet Cab

sargentwolf

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Just purchased an lmtv cab crated off of gov liquidations. They sent me a Hemet cab. If you purchase one of these boxed and crated lmtv cabs, highly suggest you pop it open immediately in check. It's completely stripped

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a Gynecological Examination chair once instead of what I bought. I would return it and insist that they pay shipping since you did not get what you purchased.

sargentwolf

Great. Called the drmo yard. Several people called about the same issue.

If you bought one from Henderson, open it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
GL probably got a lot full of crates, they opened one and took some pics and just assumed all the rest were the same. Common practice for them. If you paid with a cc you should be ok.

sargentwolf

Yep. Working with site manager to get the correct cab and maybe do a swap out. Or flat out return and bid on a correct, verified correct one.

I'm happy with the progress so far in the process. Not happy with the 6 inch deep rat nest, or the 175lbs of rat turds, or the mummified bird, or the fact that the cab is stripped out almost entirely...

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The site manager may have the best intentions and if he can fix it then all good. But dealing with GL management will not be like that. They usually wont even talk to you. Only relaying messages back and forth thru the phone staff.

DrillerSurplus

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Just purchased an lmtv cab crated off of gov liquidations. They sent me a Hemet cab. If you purchase one of these boxed and crated lmtv cabs, highly suggest you pop it open immediately in check. It's completely stripped
A friend & I bought 6 cabs out of Herlong, CA. Where did yours come from?

The descriptions from GL all read "2009 Stewart & Stevenson FMTV STD Cab Assembly M1157 10 ton, removed from unissued vehicle's, crated and put into long term storage for future service. Cab will fit multiple chassis, Technical and Operators Manuals included, - -cab pictures are representative of the item being sold." One of the cabs was a real POS, none of them were as recent as 2009, all of them had been used and about half of them had quite a bit of the electrical components on passenger side dash pulled out/missing.

I notice that the description now reads “Stewart & Stevenson MTV STD Cab Assembly M1088A1, removed from previously used vehicle, crated and put into long term storage for future service. Cab will fit multiple chassis, Technical and Operators Manuals may or may not be included, - -, cab pictures are representative of the item being sold, may have broken windows or mirrors, cosmetic and physical damage,”

Still working out what the game plan will be with GL.

sargentwolf

Same place. Was typing fast between phonecalls between gl and shipping place (making sure they didn't load wrong thing)

I saw that too. They did send out an email about the cabs being wrong, but as in wrong model fmtv cab was sent. The site manager is checking remaining stock and updating gl so maybe its related to that?

Last edited:

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got two out of Herlong. One was a 2009 the other was from a wrecked 2002 with 18k miles. Front was bent up, both door glass broken, seats torn, etc.

scottmandu

Lucky you... I bought 10, received 5 and they aren't anything as described (new 2009 etc) , used missing parts, damaged etc. Thankfully they are part of the email admitting their mistake.

sargentwolf

One cab! All I wanted was one new, shiny cab! So many parts I could have upgraded and then sold the rest off!!!

This was my first govt liquidation purchase. Did they loose the contract?

If they dont have a 1157 cab left and send a 1088a1, would anyone at all be interested in a trade for a 1157?

scottmandu

One cab! All I wanted was one new, shiny cab! So many parts I could have upgraded and then sold the rest off!!!

This was my first govt liquidation purchase. Did they loose the contract?

If they dont have a 1157 cab left and send a 1088a1, would anyone at all be interested in a trade for a 1157?
No they didn't loose the contract. GL just doesn't give a flip.

The M1088A1 cabs are used, not new like the M1157's they supposedly have.

Scott

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
GL lost the contract. They will continue to recieve surplus until GP has their warehouses set up to recieve the stuff. GL will continue to sell off stuff that they already have in their possession but they are winding down. When all is done and switched over to GP selling the non rolling stock I dont see GL/liquidity services surviving much past that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks