• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought LMTV... and Got Hemmet Cab

scottmandu

GL lost the contract. They will continue to recieve surplus until GP has their warehouses set up to recieve the stuff. GL will continue to sell off stuff that they already have in their possession but they are winding down. When all is done and switched over to GP selling the non rolling stock I dont see GL/liquidity services surviving much past that.
That's GREAT news!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL lost the contract. They will continue to recieve surplus until GP has their warehouses set up to recieve the stuff. GL will continue to sell off stuff that they already have in their possession but they are winding down. When all is done and switched over to GP selling the non rolling stock I dont see GL/liquidity services surviving much past that.

GL/liquidity services will just downsize keep chugging along with GovDeals for small government entities , the auto industry and large corporations like PepsiCo and Coke.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welp looks like GL is going to stick it to me. I got a response back from my "Claim"...
Since your leaving it a guessing game my guess is their reasons are , you didn't inspect as they encourage and your shipper accepted them. Along with they will be gone from military surplus very soon.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The key to dealing with GL is using the word "fraud". Call and speak to a rep and explain. They will put you on hold and talk to management. Back and forth. Tell them its outright fraud and that you will be pursuing this further and see what they say.

scottmandu

Since your leaving it a guessing game my guess is their reasons are , you didn't inspect as they encourage and your shipper accepted them. Along with they will be gone from military surplus very soon.
Yup pretty much. They offered I default on the cab I have there, with a full refund, but I would be liable for the default fee. (25%).

Regarding the 5 delivered this weekend... I'll have to sue. Sadly I paid with other means and not a credit card. I called the site manager and he said sorry...

Last edited:

sargentwolf

Did and got..... Not a good answer. Told to wait up to 15 days for them to make a decision. Tempted to call state attorney to see what my legal options are with getting the state involved.

lmtvjunky

I'm 2 hours from Herlong, I noticed most of those LMTV cab listings had the same pics, that's fraud. It's a lazy company that's loosing it's contracts one by one.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm 2 hours from Herlong, I noticed most of those LMTV cab listings had the same pics, that's fraud. It's a lazy company that's loosing it's contracts one by one.
The fraud isn't that they are using the same pictures. These things are in sealed crates that are very thoroughly bolted and nailed shut (one of mine had more than 80 large nails in addition to the bolts holding the crate box to the pallet). They opened one up, took pictures and said they were representative of the rest of the cabs. I don't have a problem with this.

The fraud comes in because they weren't even close to representative. The ones I bought were listed as "2009 Stewart & Stevenson FMTV STD Cab Assembly M1157 10 ton, removed from unissued vehicle's, crated and put into long term storage for future service. Cab will fit multiple chassis, Technical and Operators Manuals included, cabs are crated and ready to ship, cab pictures are representative of the item being sold"

I received one that mostly met that description and was actually from an unissued 2009 M1157. The other one was from a wrecked 2002 M1083 with missing parts, torn seats, and almost 18k miles. Others have received used M1088 cabs, HEMTT cabs, etc. Some are new, some are used, many are missing parts.

If they had sold them as "used A1 FMTV cab, unknown miles, unknown year, may not be complete" they would have been fine (except the HEMTT cabs). Instead they listed them with "representative pictures" of the best possible thing they could be that would be likely to get the highest bids. THIS is where the fraud is. Especially since they are in sealed crates and there in no way to inspect prior to bidding or even when picking up.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fraud isn't that they are using the same pictures. These things are in sealed crates that are very thoroughly bolted and nailed shut (one of mine had more than 80 large nails in addition to the bolts holding the crate box to the pallet). They opened one up, took pictures and said they were representative of the rest of the cabs. I don't have a problem with this.

The fraud comes in because they weren't even close to representative. The ones I bought were listed as "2009 Stewart & Stevenson FMTV STD Cab Assembly M1157 10 ton, removed from unissued vehicle's, crated and put into long term storage for future service. Cab will fit multiple chassis, Technical and Operators Manuals included, cabs are crated and ready to ship, cab pictures are representative of the item being sold"

I received one that mostly met that description and was actually from an unissued 2009 M1157. The other one was from a wrecked 2002 M1083 with missing parts, torn seats, and almost 18k miles. Others have received used M1088 cabs, HEMTT cabs, etc. Some are new, some are used, many are missing parts.

If they had sold them as "used A1 FMTV cab, unknown miles, unknown year, may not be complete" they would have been fine (except the HEMTT cabs). Instead they listed them with "representative pictures" of the best possible thing they could be that would be likely to get the highest bids. THIS is where the fraud is. Especially since they are in sealed crates and there in no way to inspect prior to bidding or even when picking up.

So your saying they opened 1 crate and listed representative pictures and then sent a cab that was in poor condition so that is so that is fraud ?
Wouldn't they need to open several crates and then only post pictures of the best one for it to be fraud?

Would it still be fraud if the 1 crate they opened was a beat to crap cab missing parts that they took representative pictures of was a pristine unissued cab ?

I'm not saying the way they advertised it was right , but unless they knowingly and malicously intended to defraud , it's part of the auction gamble. Should they provide some relief probably. But unless you tried to inspect the lot you bid on and were refuse and unless they opened several crates to get the best pictures of a representative one , you will have a very hard time proving fraud . Laziness and poor business practice yes , but proving intent is going to be hard.
It's common on evil-bay where shady sellers misrepresent their product or service they will provide , you won't get anywhere there either.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Valid point. If I understand the law correctly, this is legally misrepresentation instead of fraud.
This is nothing new with GL , back around 2009-10 during the big deuce sell-off they were using "representative pictures"
for trucks , many people got burned then also.

DrillerSurplus

It might be worth looking closely at the tags and/or stenciled markings on the crate that actually had the unissued 2009 M1157 cab and compare to the markings on the crate with the wrecked 2002 M1083 cab. If the information on the crate gives an accurate representation of the contents, it would still not prove fraud, but would certainly strengthen the argument that GL knew or should have known that they weren't all new unissued cabs.
Even if the markings on the crates is random, GL should have opened more than just one crate before pasting that description on the 57+ cabs they sold as new before changing the description on the most recent sales. Maybe GL did open more than one, we'll never know. None of the six cabs we got were the unissued 2009, but I'll take a close look at how the crates were labelled.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both had an FMTV std cab sticker and I am pretty sure both had A1 spray painted on in black. I don't recall any other markings beyond the original armored cab markings. I will check and report back.

Jericho

These cabs sound more like Supply /Logistics turn in,s Pretty safe to say the Cab ASSY was coded "XD2" one must be turned in , ACOUNTABLE , "DIFM" , DUE IN FROM MAINTAINENCE likely green (repairable , not at this station, field ) or red tagged ( returned for disposal, not repairable (NRTS ) "Not repairable This Station " (depot) DIFM turn ins are /were routinely stripped at field level for parts use on your station, All it took was a TWIX to the item manager and you could strip the carcass turn in to satisfy parts on order from the depot NEVER assume anything is good to go from turn ins, just be happy if you get a jewel Best one was when Supply would call you down as the weapons systems expert to identify a part or two. Only to have to tell them some parts, multiple. were all just remains from the same part. singular . Some times you just had to fess up. I don't have a clue what it is , or who etched a part number on it , but, it isn't part of an F 16

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks