• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought my first Deuce, a bobber from a SS member

gaspain

Just got this truck from Eldgenb! Thanks for the great service! He's in the Spokane area, look him up if you are in need of a NICE truck. He used to be a Motor Pool guy so he knows his trucks.

Drove 200 miles to pick it up and drove it back, went 62mph on the highway the whole way, except up some big hills then I had to slow to 50. Got about 10-10.5mpg highway.

Funny thing, I drove all that way home without any problems and then parked it in my driveway at 11:30pm, and not more than a few seconds later the right rear tire just went flat before my very eyes. Got really lucky that night. The flat was due to a small rock stuck in between the tube and tire and wore a hole in the tube!

Got it all fixed and have been having a blast driving it around!

I also have big plans to modernize it :)

KsM715

Are the rear tires on stock rims mounted dish out? Got a pic from the side? Looks good. I'm in the middle of bobbing one and debating wether to flip the hubs or not.

gaspain

Are the rear tires on stock rims mounted dish out? Got a pic from the side? Looks good. I'm in the middle of bobbing one and debating wether to flip the hubs or not.
the fronts are normal wheels, the rears normal wheels but flipped. Not the hubs.

The fronts are too narrow, I desperately need some hemtt or rockwell wheels. If you get into a rutted highway at 62mph it gets a bit squirrly because the front and rear tracks are different.

anyone know what wheels these are: (Rob's old truck, which is awesome)

Attachments

eldgenb

the fronts are normal wheels, the rears normal wheels but flipped. Not the hubs.

The fronts are too narrow, I desperately need some hemtt or rockwell wheels. If you get into a rutted highway at 62mph it gets a bit squirrly because the front and rear tracks are different.

anyone know what wheels these are: (Rob's old truck, which is awesome)
I am pretty sure those are OD iron wheels. For those asking about dishing the wheels in you cannot do it with the stock wheels and big tires without tubbing the rear wheel wells 4"on each side and that is assuming that the rear hubs have already been flipped.
Thanks again for your business!
Eldgen

Last edited:

Barneyszoo

Thats how I got my start, but theres just something about the way the duels look in the back. So I got a 5 ton. lol Nice looking truck though congrats.
P.S. I drive my bobber every day.

cwegga

gaspin, where are you located in WA? Mind if I visit and check out your truck sometime? I've been plotting and planning on getting a bobbed deuce and would like to check one out in person sometime.

MO MV man

I NEVER regretted bobbing mine.
It makes me WANT to drive it since maneuvering isn't such an ordeal anymore.

HEMTT wheels and 395 XML's all the way! I love mine. :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks