• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought some M1009s

midcounty

I just had to start a thread, cuz I am excited about my latest purchases. I have been wanting a M1009 for a while now. I bid on, and won one recently. Before I even filled out the EUC I came across two more a couple hours away. They were priced right, so I had to check them out. Now I have two in the driveway and another awaiting EUC approval. I drove one around some local back roads after we got them home, and these are just too cool. I got my girl friend to drive it as well, and she loves it to. Now I just have to go get my tags so I can turn one in to a daily driver. I guess at some point I may sell one or two, but boy it's neat to see a driveway full of OD vehicles ;) I will get some pictures up soon.

midcounty

If you don't mind me asking, but how much did you win them for?
Two of them were from private sellers, and I made out real good on them. The GL one I bid too much on. I bid 2600, but by time I pay all fees, get it home, get it titled ect I will have close to 3500 invested if it doesn't need any repair. If I had come across the other two first I never would have bid on the GL one. On a good note the GL one only shows 41k miles on odometer.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two of them were from private sellers, and I made out real good on them. The GL one I bid too much on. I bid 2600, but by time I pay all fees, get it home, get it titled ect I will have close to 3500 invested if it doesn't need any repair. If I had come across the other two first I never would have bid on the GL one. On a good note the GL one only shows 41k miles on odometer.
It probably does have 41K miles on it. Not to scare you, it could just as easily be 141K. These trucks have been in service for 25 years or more. With that said, mileage means almost nothing with these trucks. If it runs well, and is clean, that is all that matters. I had a CUCV pick up with 95K miles on it that was as tight as a low mileage truck. I also had a Blazer once with 50K miles that drove like it was worn out, even though the truck was spotless, including the underside, which led me to believe that the 50K mileage might be accurate. Congratulations on your finds. I love the Blazers (and CUCVs in general).

midcounty

It probably does have 41K miles on it. Not to scare you, it could just as easily be 141K. These trucks have been in service for 25 years or more. With that said, mileage means almost nothing with these trucks. If it runs well, and is clean, that is all that matters. I had a CUCV pick up with 95K miles on it that was as tight as a low mileage truck. I also had a Blazer once with 50K miles that drove like it was worn out, even though the truck was spotless, including the underside, which led me to believe that the 50K mileage might be accurate. Congratulations on your finds. I love the Blazers (and CUCVs in general).
Yeah, it could have 141 on it. I know pictures can be deceiving, but it looked good and straight. It also had what looked like a new grey dash pad and matching civi console. That kinda leads me to believe it was being used by a NG unit, and that they may have taken good care of it. The ones I bought over the weekend seem like good tight trucks. The one I have put some miles on drives every bit as good as my '99 Dodge. The other one has a governor problem in the trans, so I haven't driven it much yet. Once I get that fixed I look forward to puting some miles on it. Biggest reason I had to have it was the totally rust free body. I have yet to see one in this area with NO rust and still sporting the military paint, plus no past body repairs.

midcounty

Happy dance time rofl. I found the problem with the trans. It was merely a cracked vacuum line. Took the truck around the block and all is well. Now I have two good runners. Keeping my fingers crossed that the next one is as well.

midcounty

I am glad you got yourself 1, well 3.
I tagged one and started driving it. It's a fun little truck. Hopefully I can get over to see you guys for breakfast one day in it. I don't see why people bash the 6.2 about lack of power. It's a peppy truck, and has more get up and go then my Dodge pick up. When I make up my mind for sure which one will be my every day truck, I will probably lift it a touch and put some 33's on it for better mileage.

I know I promised pictures, so I will try to take some this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks