• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought this deuce 17 days ago

Joeinderry

This is the deuce I bought 17 days ago. The gentlemen had a set of springs and aset of tires that came with the truck. He mentioned that he wanted to bob it. Anyway I was just buying the truck just to move stuff around on ocassion. I checked out this site and found everything I needed to know about bobbing a deuce. The bobbed trucks look cool so I said to myself, why not. Anyway here is a before picture and an after picture. The bed is the next project. BTW it probably only took about 20-25 hours to get to this point. The worste was removing rivets and drilling new holes.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
17 days, wow that was fast, defiantly not Rastafarian time...!

Thats 1 rep point from me for a job well done, so far..!:driver:

jake1086

hHey joe I'm ordering my springs and box this week to do this, how much frame do you cut off ? and can you provide any measurements about where the axle ends up and the spring perches?

Joeinderry

Some measurements

Hi Jake, i cut 42.5" off the frame. I am reusing the bumperettes and cutting down my dropside bed. You could keep the frame a little longer if you plan on keeping bumperettes off. I left the front axle in its stock location. (that may not work for you if you plan on using a trailer type bed because you'll want to center the wheels to the wheel well. With the dropside I can put the axle in any location, I kept it in the stock location because I didn't want to spend the $400-500. dollars to extend the driveshaft.
The front of the forward spring perch sits 14" behind the spare tire bracket (where it's bolted to the frame). This will keep the axle in it original position and it looks good to me.
I'm just building it the way I want, the combinations are endless. Just be sure to do it the way you want rather than have regrets later.
Another note: I left the rear axle brake hose in the truck just capped off the ends.
I will be using the trailer airbrake lines as quick connects for air hoses (never know when you'll need to pump up a tire).
Right now im fabricating a pair of upper shock mounts because I want to add rear shocks to it. If you have any questions just let me know but I know there are people more qualified to answer your questions right here on S.S.
I'm adding some pictures for your enjoyment. Note the magnetic drill I use to drill the upside down holes, that thing is handy to have around.

Attachments