• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought wheels but not sure what they are...can anyone help

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You gotta be kidding me.....Those are Humvee rims. Not gonna work on the deuce. AND...they aren't 20" rims needed for the 395's. Here's your sign....:cookoo:

anthonyamato4

Well they deffinitly are 20 inch rims I just measured them....I see some numbers on the top and bottom half of the ring...I just need to get something to clean up around the numbers and ill post the numbers up on here. Maybe that will help on figuring them out. Also I am looking to buy plates to recenter these wheels so they for the Duece like they do with hemmt wheels....I don't think they are humvee wheels they sit from outer lip to outer lip of rim 13 wide

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anthony: those numbers would be manuf. dates...
Look for numbers stamped somewhere like 20x10 or 20x11 (= wheel size), plus a 8x275 (= stud-hole pattern)

Also, this seems to be a MPT style rim. So we should look for vehicles coming with tire sizes 335/80R20s (12.5R20) or 365/80R20s (14.5R20). Both sizes take a 20x11 wheel, which would be more or less 13" WOA.

G.

anthonyamato4

so i had put a picture of the wheels up on Facebook to see if anyone recognized them and i got back they are wheels from an RG-31. Does this sound familiar to anyone? i don't know much about the different vehicles. anyone have any knowledge on the RG-31? These vehicles supposedly have had different wheels made for them since they were produced and someone mentioned this may be one of the first designed they had for the wheels for it. The back half of the rim is flat and doesn't dish out through the front half.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Did you see my reply in your classified? I wouldn't worry about it, just find some 5ton rims with the 16 assembly bolts and have some deuce plates made up. I bet nobody will know the difference.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
................i got back they are wheels from an RG-31. Does this sound familiar to anyone?........
Well, after some more research...: looks like YES indeed, '05-'06 model RG-31 4x4 Cougar, prolly ex-USMC.

Compare both pics....

G.

Attachments

Artisan

Ok well in another thread I asked what they were too.

I know where there are maybe 36 or more? of these wheel assemblies

for sale. They are listed as fitting m939 and THAT is what made me start

researching them. I wrote the auction company this Am and told them they have a problem

so they may have fixed it.

Anyone that wants some PM Me. I can't link here to auction
that has them for sale listed wrong w/ brand new XZL tires on them in

all auctions but one but if you PM me I do not think I am breaking the
rules to give you the poop on where they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks