• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'Bout time for some photos of my fleet!

Well I won FIVE trucks in this recent GL auction, all of them are listed in running condiiton, BUT we'll see what we get. I'm waiting patiently on my EUC, I don't suppose my "secret" clearance at work will help speed things up at all. Here are the pictures anyway, I wish I had them in time to make the rally next weekend. There's always next year I guess.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE:

Looks like one of the two M52 tractors that were up for auction there. How old are they? Thought the military got rid of all the M50-series 5-tons a long time ago. Must've been hiding out the back 40 or something.

I won 4 of them out of chambersburg and one out of richmond. I'm sure I'll end up selling the 35 W/O and one of the 109's but if the wife wants me to sell more there's no way I'll get rid of that 52, no way in the world I don't care if I have to make it my daily driver. It'd kinda tedious but I'll post pics of the rest here shortly. OH, and by the way any of you fine SS members feel like driving a duece back from PA?

alphadeltaromeo

The last picture (4949028.jpg) looks like a fresh rebuild...very slick looking. You've done quite well for yourself...and I'm pleased for you!

Congrats!

Andy

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the site and I hope you find the assistance you need. If I was home I would help. I don't know if my oldest Son could get free from work since the pickups are during the week at Chambersburg. Nice trucks hope you have room to keep them all. I like my M52 alot too and would only change if for an M818.

AMTAK

I started the tractor at chambersburg. Ran real good. All the 109s started. One is a c turbo sounded real good. I got one m35 up there also. Is this your first EUC?

AMTAK,
Yes this is my first EUC, we'll see how it goes I've never had any trouble with background checks for guns or work or anything else, I have to hold a clearance for my job so I would like to dilute myself into thinking that it will help, but Idoubt it.

As for towing them home, I think I'll make two trips, flat towing each time. Best part is, they are all listed in running condition so if the tow craps out, I'll just trade 'em up!

AMTAK

My first EUC took 6 MONTHS!! I made my friend buy two trailers down there so he could get his first EUC in. He has been buying stuff through me, but now that he is buying trucks he needs to get his own. Good luck on the EUC. Let us all know how it goes.

halftrack

Usually if you have some sort of holding of a "clearance" this slows things down because it automatically pulls a flag on your name when the government does searches and background checks on you from a federal level.

No.2Diesel

I give this guys acquisitions a "Dotally Dawsome" :p

Nice fleet and I'm sure you'll want to take them offroad. Next year comes up pretty quick when you have 5 trucks to maintain. Hope to see your stuff at Aberdeen or RC next year. Good luck with them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. If you need a primo NHC250 to replace that multifuel in your tractor let me know. My brother is itching for a higher HP Cummins for his 819

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks