• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bow/tarp size

deucer

I am looking at a bow and tarp cargo kit for my M35A2c, and it is listed to fit the 2.5 ton according to the listing but it states the tarp is 14' long which is 2' longer than the bed, plus it comes with 7 sets of bows which seems like too many. I am new to these trucks and I don't want to buy the wrong thing, is that the size they are, 14'? Also, is this a picture of the quick release bows I need with my drop side? Seems the main lower piece screws to the truck but the bows have these latches? Well, it isn't letting me upload the picture of the curved bow pieces.

deucer

In an attempt to answer my own question, it appears this may be for the 5 Ton truck since it is 14'?

deucer

Well I have read everything above and bought what was thought to be a 2.5 ton dropside kit but the tarp does not appear to be correct. Here is the deal if anyone can shed some light on what I have. The kit only included enough bows, corners and staves for a 2.5 ton (5 total bows) but the rest of the kit appears to be for a 5 ton and here is why I think that.

The bag of bolts and straps has enough for 6 bows, and the instructions in that bag are for a 5 ton.

Then I checked the number stenciled on the cover itself (it is the newer one piece kit with zippered windows front and rear), the number was 19207-12450243-1 and that number matches the tarp listed on the instructions for a 5-ton and online it shows it is for the 5-ton.

I will upload some pictures soon. My truck is currently a two hour trip away or I would just install it and see.

I measured from seam to seam on the top where the top meets the front and rear sections, but I am not sure if the seam rests on the top of the cover or on the front/rear flaps, or right at the transition. From sewn seam to seam, front to rear it measures 13' 9". If the seams rest on the top of the bows then it would be for a 14'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sparragh

I'm kinda in the same boat here, I have a good tarp, but the bows and troop seats are rotten. does anyone have the measurements for the lengths of wood needed for the bows? The seats are easy to figure out, but the wood on the bows are all different lengths as in no bow is the same size. It's on a 2C drop side model. thanks guys. I'm starting the restoration of this old girl pretty soon, so just getting my ducks in a row.

deucer

Actually my only problem is determining what my tarp fits, 2.5 ton or 5 ton. The rest of the kit is for a 2.5t given it only has everything for 5 bows, but the cover appears to be for a 5 ton. A more experience person would probably know by looking at it but I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks