• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bows and cover

JR

Hey guys, I would really like to get some bows and a cover for my deuce before winter hits so I can camp out of the back. I am just looking for something to get me going, I dont mind fixing some holes or tears, I just cant afford to drop a bunch of money on it right now so if anyone has of knows of some at a decent price please PM me. I was thinking of trying to make some bows, I have 1, maybe a fiberglass mold? Anybody have any of the metal bits that hold the wood together?

On another note I took the truck on a trip for the first time yesterday, about 2 hours each way to pick up some stuff for work. The interstates suck around here so it was a jarring ride to say the least but everything else went smooth. Was able to fit 6 pallets in the back. The ride is a bit better with a load!! :D

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The "East Coast" is a big place. Not sure if I'm close enough to me to support ya. A more finite location, such as a state, would be more beneficial.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know someone who has tan, vinyl tops, brand new in the box. $200.00. I also have a source for some corners and uprights. Don't know a price though, but they are most likely very reasonable. I can check tomorrow.

Somemedic

M101 trailers are the same size as the cargo bed of a deuce? Were I to find a fellow who had a trailer would I be able to use his bows/rack/canvas??

DanMartin

I put a tan top on my (tan) deuce....very nice, clean look.

A word of advise...you need a few people to get it installed. If you try to do it yourself you will get it dirty by touching the ground or the bed, and it shows dirt very well and is not easy to wash it off.

Once on though, they look super-sharp.

Also, FYI: Idaho Motor Pool has tan cab covers (Vinyl-type) to complete your look. They are also NIB.

Somemedic

BTW, I know alot of folks are using latex outdoor water based paint on their MV's with excellent results. Cheaper and more durable.

otisroy

Disclaimer: Benign Hijack! A while back I had a link to a manufacturer and now I can't find it. I just won an M35A2 with bows yesterday and I'm going to want a NATO 3-color camo cover. GMA turned up with the NSN, but I don't have access to FEDLOG anymore so I'm not sure if that's exactly what I'm looking for. Is GMA the best game in town for cargo covers?

otisroy

Disclaimer: Benign Hijack! A while back I had a link to a manufacturer and now I can't find it. I just won an M35A2 with bows yesterday and I'm going to want a NATO 3-color camo cover. GMA turned up with the NSN, but I don't have access to FEDLOG anymore so I'm not sure if that's exactly what I'm looking for. Is GMA the best game in town for cargo covers?

seabeeElf

I have a woodland camo cover that I would like to trade for a solid OD Green one. It is in good condition with only one flaw that I can find. It is torn at the rear left corner at the Black Plastic button/snap/rivet thing that forms the corner fold. I think it will be easy to fix.

Anyone up for an even swap?

Lex_Ordo

I called GMA Cover Corp, the other day. I orderd a new 3 Color Camo cab top. I had the tan one, but it didn't fit well. I bought it off ebay, and It might be a second? Well Now I am getting a new one from the GI Manufacturer, so things will fit better.