• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

box for....

59apache

Chipmaker
maybe camping gear, tools, something else...
i build this box for a camping trip, just to keep the stuff in place.
3 sides, 1 roof, frame of angle-iron, plywood simple riveted to the frame.
the box is bolted to bed, the tailgate makes the 4th side.

el cheapo.....but works!

Attachments

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
very easy. 6 screws to remove. 2 persons 5 minutes (arms are to short to hold the nuts under the bed :mrgreen: )
i used 8mm bolts and selflocking nuts.

more pics available, if wanted.

59apache

Chipmaker
no curiosity...
i need to make it higher than the sides, otherwise the ammoboxes won't fit.
on the long side you have to bolt it down for stability.
if you brake, heavy parts break thru the wall.

and at last...
i have the plywood at home, nothing to buy.
ist was a spontaneous idea....
i was sitting in the back of the deuce and told my dad that the have no storage place to keep the stuff from flying away and get wet. decision: come one, let's build a box.
takes about 2 hours to build and works good.

gunboy1656

Since you drilled holes in the bed for the bolts why not tack nuts on the outside of the holes, that way you can eliminate the other person for installation and removal?

I am trying to get ideas.

59apache

Chipmaker
at 1st, i was in hurry. 2nd welding a nut results often in damaged thread. 3rd : selflocking nuts (with nylon rings) are not weldable.

but it is an idea, of course. if you want to install or remove it a few times its worth it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks