• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

box seat top

ajg6989

my drivers seat, the old box seat is riped. I need to find a place to get the top piece that slips over the top of the seat for your back. any one have any ideas where to get one

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine Idaho Motor Pool, they are the non canvas type stuff though, but if you want a used canvas one, I think I still have the old one.

JDToumanian

I got my canvas seat covers from OD Cloth:

http://www.odcloth.com/products.html

Then I had a local upholstery shop stuff them. For the driver's back they used several layers of a fairly stiff "sheet" of padding. They did a great job! Not cheap, though maybe you could find a suitable stuffing from a fabric shop for DIY purposes.

Regards,
Jon

rmgill

My truck has some very nice goretex seat covers in OD. I'm not sure where they came from though. Joe Sheaffer may know.

louism99

Towman2277 said:
Wal-mart sells some camo (woodland) green seat covers for $19.99 that fit great, and are actually comfortable!!
That's sounds what I need, are they for the back and/or bottom? and where might they be...in the sporting goods section?

what I found that looks like the stuffing is the green resuable filters for air conditioner/heating systems, any comment if that would be suitable for the vinyl or canvas covers?

Towman2277

Hey, I found them in the automotive section. Their for the back and bottom. I recently bought some camo material there and recovered my bottom pad, and I added some extra padding. I will try to upload a pic ot two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks