• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brackets in the CUCV

Small Prepper

Afternoon All

Just purchased an 1985 m1009 last week. Sound truck, needs some cosmetic work.

Two questions along with the many I will be asking in the future

The first bracket is mounted on the passenger side floor. Basiclly not much room for your feet. (what ever was mounted their) Anybody know what that was for?

The second in mounted in the back left next to tailgate. Anybody know what that was for?

Thanks Small Prepper

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Afternoon All

Just purchased an 1985 m1009 last week. Sound truck, needs some cosmetic work.

Two questions along with the many I will be asking in the future

The first bracket is mounted on the passenger side floor. Basiclly not much room for your feet. (what ever was mounted their) Anybody know what that was for?

The second in mounted in the back left next to tailgate. Anybody know what that was for?

Thanks Small Prepper
1 - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/52585-what-used.html

2 - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/69299-question-fuel-can-bracket-m1009.html

Down load the parts manual and thumb thru the pictures until you find what you ar elooking for. It will list the name and part number

You do have all the FREE Technical Manauls don't you?

Make sure you visit the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showwiki.php?title=wiki:Cucv (CUCV Wiki) that is at the top of the page on the CUCV Forum. All of the CUCV Technical Manuals are listed and many other helpful bits of information.

You need to download the repair manuals. You can get then for free. A couple of our members have posted them on their websites.

www.jatonkam35s.com

www.liberatedmanuals.com

The wiring diagrams are in the appendix of the -20 and -34 manuals.

Also checkout the CUCV stickys. It is where we try to post helpful tips and tricks.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many times. The advanced search will become your best friend. Please don't hesitate to ask something that you can't find.

Read the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual to find out how a stock system should work. It is simular to the Operators Manual for Civilian vehicles. It tells you where all the lighs, switches, etc are located and what they do.

Three of the most important tools you can buy are:

Digital Voltmeter and know how to use it - ~$10 and up
12v Battery Charger - ~$50 for a decent one
Battery Load Tester - ~$30 for an okay one at Harbor Freight

Warthog

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you read the whole thread I posted? It shows the pictures of the brackets at the end of the post.

It's always possible that something else was installed in its place.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

Thank you

camogriz

I believe those brackets hold a decontamination kit/station in the rear part of the vehicle and a contamination detector at the passenger's feet.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks hand fabbed

hopefully someone can tell us what it is

it is NOT what is in the TM - at least not that I remember

and I'll second you GOTTA HAVE the full set of TM's

I have mine, both on my hard drive so where ever my laptop is (HP NR3610), I have my TM's - but I also keep one on CD as well, just in case my laptop dies, I can still access my TM's

the thing I like about having it on my computer is if after reading a given section prior to doing the work, if I am still confused about anything, I just print it out and take it out to the truck with my tools and I KNOW exactly what needs to be done and how to do it

Last edited:

tbearatkin

That looks hand fabbed

hopefully someone can tell us what it is

it is NOT what is in the TM - at least not that I remember

That is the exact bracket that is in my M1009 and was in most of the M1009 I drove in the Seabees we never had anything attached to it in our vehicles which just meant whatever was suppose to go there was not in our TOA or was in a box marked in case of war break here and install.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks