• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Braden Winch

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The split bumpers can be made from the solid one piece bumper if you get tired of searching. One of the front bumpers on my truck is original and one is made from a solid one piece bumper. I would be willing to bet that you couldn't tell which is which after examining the truck.

Finding the complete heater kit will be a little more difficult. Start with the Tech Bull that covers the installation. I believe there is a copy in the Manuals section of this site.

m37brat

Thank you for the welcome, really. This is my retirement project I will be hitting everyone up for questions and answers, My M37 is not a rust bucket, so that's a good thing but did sit in a Barn for about 4 years. I'm going to have to wait until it gets real sunny and Hot here in Oregon in order to put the canvas top on, Say I would like to install the spare tire mount on the drivers door anyone knows of anyone having one for sale or a surplus company that's has them please let me know. I'm also looking for the hot water heater kit that mounts to the drivers fender. Again thanks for the welcome.
I am pretty sure Vintage Power Wagins has the bumpers and all the other parts you need to fix you winch He has the bumpers, the frame extensions, the gussets, the brackets the whole thing. You can ask him to give you a list of everything you need.

Rhodesia

Vintage power only has the split bumpers for the B,C, and D models I was told I have the M37 1953 E model w/Winch. the B, C, and D split bumper will not fit.

just me

Sell your good front bumper and pick up a bad one. Cut it to submission. The money from the good one will cover the bad one and the hardware and bracketry to mount it.

Rhodesia

just received a e mail from vintage power wagons he said he has not had any split bumpers in a very long time, and does not know of anyone that can and still get them anymore.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make one. Any decent fabrication shop will be able to do it (it is only 3/16th mild steel). Someone in your area must have a winch truck they can use as a pattern.

I'm just about to the point that I am going to buy some one piece bumpers and start making split bumpers to sell. I just know that some Army units must have done it back in the day.