• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bradenton FL truck show and meeting Jan 22, 2011 (ATHS)

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to pass on to the SS members located in the central part of Florida that we will be holding an initial meeting to establish a Florida chapter of the Antique Truck Historical Society on the 22nd of January, 2011. The ATHS is open to all types of trucks, civilian and military. We will be holding a truck show in conjunction with the meeting. The location of this meeting has a lot of room for large trucks or trucks with trailers. Plus you do not need to be a member of the ATHS to attend. Nor do you have to have a truck. So if you have a truck please bring it if you want. If you don't have a truck but love to look at them come on out to see the ones on display. The owner of the property has a large collection of 50's to 70's GMC's and a couple of Internationals. There will also be several other people from across Florida there with their antique trucks.

If you want to come out for the meeting and partake in the cookout please let us know so we can be sure to have enough food on hand. If you just want to stop by and see some old trucks feel free to come out for that too.

This place is just east of the Desoto Speedway and is easy to get in and out of with semi trucks. It's about 10 to 11 miles from exit 220 of I-75. Hope to see some SS members there with their OD stuff. :)

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Ruppster

Attachments

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! Are you thinking of bringing Frankenstein? Also, if you still have a Cummins 250 to sell might be able to find a buyer for it at the meeting as that engine was used a lot in 1960's commercial trucks. Maybe you can make up a "for sale" board to set out next to your truck with a list of what all you have for sale. Anyhow, hope you are able to make it. And yes, me need more OD. :)

Ruppster

cessnatwin

Can we bring Jack and his BMW POS! Let me know Pete I will plan on joining you! Your tire should be here in the afternoon and I can bring it to you

Last edited: