• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake adjusters

white135

Guys,
Hope someone is willing to help me out.

Hit a bit of a snag in the 215's restoration, as all the brake adjuster blocks are locked up with rust.

Out of the first four I have worked on, I have freed 3 using pb blaster and a torch. The fourth however, simply snapped the tabs off.

So, I am in need of a left side anchor block and adjusters, used if anyone has any extras they would be willing to sell me.

It would be a great help to me thanks a lot.

Eric

I had the same thing happen I was able to free them up by soaking them in kroil for a few days and I was able to get them working . I will see if I have some on my parts truck that are good and let you know kenny

white135

On the outside, ie not the flat side aginst the backing plate, there should be a l.h or a r.h stamped in with an part number. Thanks so much for your help.
Eric

white135

Acually, depending on what you would want for them, and how shipping would be, I would be willing to take several of them, as it would be easier than tourching them, especially with two axles to go. Let me know.
Eric

Eric the 3 I have are left (lhfe14751) and weight just over 3pounds each . I found a forth one but it is not turning and I started soaking it so I may have 4 all together thanks kenny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks