• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake booster grease?

deuceman51

While inspecting the brake booster off my M211 I discovered that the large chamber on the brake booster was full on red grease. It also had some sand or fine dirt in there. I am curious where the sand or debris came into the booster. Has anybody ever encountered grease in their brake boosters? The seals on mine look great and there is no rust or corrosion inside of the unit. I am planning to regreasing it and putting it back together since I can't find any rebuild kits for the M211. Any ideas or thoughts on what the grease might be?

Boatcarpenter

Airpack

Hey Deuceman 51,
When my booster was acting up and I took it apart it had what looked like grease in it but it was really just sludge that looked and felt like grease. It was possibly the result of mixing regular and silicone brake fluids or just an accumulation of junk from over the years.
Here is a pick of what mine looked like before and after cleanup
BC

Attachments

sermis

RE: Airpack

I pulled mine apart and it had white assembly grease inside. I guess it was a rebuild. My problem was from gunk in the master.