• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake cylinders

aspann

I checked the sticky and tried to get some brake cylinders from O'Reilly. They couldn't come up with a cross reference. I checked other parts places, same thing. O'Reilly called a NAPA store in a near by town and they couldn't come up with anything. The sticky says the number is NAPA # UP 4419. Thanks for any help.

Keith_J

If the originals have been used with DOT5 brake fluid, they should be fine for rebuilding. The NAPA kits for overhauling them are cheap and easy to do. All you need is 30 seconds of honing, I've done dozens and nary a corroded one. The overhaul kits have better springs too, they are less likely to leak.

peashooter

Napa rebuild kit is UP45. I bought some last summer and they were still USA made. I also ordered a new 4419 cylinder to have as a spare but it was made in China so I didnt end up getting it and just rebuilt my existing ones instead. I'm sure most people have good luck with the chinese ones but they need a metric wrench for the bleeder valve, I've read of people having issues with the machined face not being square and then getting leaks at the banjo fittings, and I'm not a fan of any chinese rubber products since they just dont last.
Last time I looked, Eriks military surplus had some new Midland USA made wheel cylinders for sale still. I dont know if there are any new USA production ones being made anymore (dont think so).

welldigger

A buddy of mine bought 6 from Napa a couple weeks ago. The box did not have a country or origin marked. I suspect chinese. We bout 4 from Napa a year ago and 2 were usa made and 2 were chinese. I bet you can guess what that means.

aspann

Thanks everyone for the help. I try to support our vendors, I was trying to save shipping costs. Probably easier and cheaper to order from vendors. Again, thanks for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks