• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake fluid FAQ's

apbloom

Can someone tell me the total quantity of brake fluid necessary for a stock M35?

Also, can you remind me how to check what type of brake fluid is in the truck?

Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: brake fluid FAQ

Quantity I can't tell you but you can take a sample of brake fluid from the truck, add a few drops of water and observed. The water will mix with DOT3 but in no way shape or form will it mix with DOT5.

rdixiemiller

RE: brake fluid FAQ

When I used to do a lot of truck brakes, I would figure 2 quarts of fluid to do a full bleed after a full brake job. That was 8 wheel cylinders (many old trucks had 2 cyls. per drum), master cyl, and booster (vacuum). I would lose about 1/2 pint bleeding the wheels, the rest went into the cylinders and booster to top them off.

acetomatoco

So, a gallon it is....if you have a M135/211 it will be more cuz you have 12 wheel cyls to fill.. and only the 6 on the M35/M54 types, but the 5 tons are bigger...too.. ACE