• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake fluid in my air line

mgtrooper

I just purchased a very nice M35A2-C that had break issues. It turns out that break fluid comes out the air tube in the engine compartment when engaging the peddle. I an guessing that the air hydraulic unit diaphragm has failed and the unit needs to be replaced. I would appreciate any input. Do I need to remove and clean all my air lines back to the air tanks? I actually purchased two M35A2-C out of Sparta, WI. Air Force with under 500 hours on the engines. I'm pretty jacked!

Thanks for any help.

Steve Mayville

63C20

Congratulations ! I assume that those are Air Force contract Deuces, should have a blue warranty on the right side of the dash. Your problem is one of the air packs, it is a bit of a crap shoot as to which one it is and it is likely that if one failed, the other might not be far behind :cry:.
There is no need to clean out the air lines.
The main reason for air pack failure is water in the air lines, remember that the dual circuit brake system has a split secondary tank and both valves need to be drained.
Here is a useful link

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ke-system-TM&p=1155705&viewfull=1#post1155705

There are multiple threads on air packs, just do some searching !

Good luck, it is nothing that can't be fixed with time and money !

welldigger

Yup your airpak(s) are bad. Or if you have 2 only one may be bad. Disconnect the vent line on each airpak and see which one pukes brake fluid.

mgtrooper

Thanks you guys for you response's. Yes they both have warranty plates that indicate 1987 as the warranty date. I was under the impression they were 1988 trucks based on the first four VIN numbers but I will run the info. by CARNAC and get a history.

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Steve Mayville