• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake fluid

Rocco

i accidentaly had regular hydro fluid in my brakes but now i need to replace with the silicone
stuff and i know im not supposed to mix them, so how should i go about cleaning it out, and how necessary is it to
clean well before i put in the silicone stuff?
thanks
Rocco

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
when i had my m52 ,it had dot 3 in it when i bought it, i never changed to dot 5, it worket just fine for me, just my 2cents

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rocco, fush the wazoo out of it. TB 43-0002-87 is in the TM section of the site. It explains the procedure but get a gallon of BFS and get to flushing. Suck the MC dry, fill with fresh BFS and run the fluid through!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Denatured alcohol is a great & cheap solvent to clean the system out, going either direction: IE, 3 to 5, or 5 to 3.

Push thru with air, use till it is clear, and then it will evaporate out taking everything with it.

dg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you need is my handy dandy pressure bleeder/ insect sprayer. Must say one of the best back yard mechanicking tools I ever put together.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i did the same thing ,only moding something i got off ebay, works like a champ, i can do the brakes on the 819 in less then an hour from start ti finish (thats walking to the truck to walking away)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I still owe you money and a master cylinder cap! Do you need any more pics? I did add the gauge to the mix also. Matter of fact, got a great deal on 3 gauges on Ebay, one will be in the box!