• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Job & Diff/Axle Seals On M185A3...

archmark

What's a guesstimate on how much a complete brake job, parts & labor, & new diff/axle seals should cost on an M185A3? Any recommendations on somebody in the Central TX area that knows their way around Deuces & who could do a good brake job?

Thanks...

Jeepsinker

I'm not around, but my price has always been $ 75 per hub, plus whatever parts and grease, brake cleaner, etc. at no markup. That's for rears. Front hub/ knuckles are $125 each labor. So basically $ 250 for the front end and $300 for the whole rear, labor only. Parts will probably come in around $300 if you replace all wheel cylinders and hub seals and the like. Around 20 pounds of grease at whatever price it is for what you choose, and then a case of brake cleaner and a box of blue Scott shop rags. Also factor in a gallon of brake fluid at around $100.

Usually you end up between $1200-$1800 to have it all done right, depending on what all needs to be replaced.

archmark

I'm not around, but my price has always been $ 75 per hub, plus whatever parts and grease, brake cleaner, etc. at no markup. That's for rears. Front hub/ knuckles are $125 each labor. So basically $ 250 for the front end and $300 for the whole rear, labor only. Parts will probably come in around $300 if you replace all wheel cylinders and hub seals and the like. Around 20 pounds of grease at whatever price it is for what you choose, and then a case of brake cleaner and a box of blue Scott shop rags. Also factor in a gallon of brake fluid at around $100.

Usually you end up between $1200-$1800 to have it all done right, depending on what all needs to be replaced.
THANKS Jeepsinker!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks