• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Light and Hazard Signal Issue

motormayhem

Hi All,
My turn signals and tail lights work, but not my brake lights or rear hazard lights. I have power out of the brake switch at the pedal and every once in a while the hazard and brake lights start working so I know it’s a loose connection. Looking at the diagram it looks like everything (brake, hazard, turn) meet at the below switch. Where is that located? I know it is between the brake light switch and here because the turn signals always work.

A8A32B28-AA9B-43DA-AFD9-FE7F7557B32B.jpeg

cruzer747

probably different than my m1010 and someone can chime in but I had found a junction just behind the rear diff on the drivers side. If it were me I would turn on the hazards and crawl under the front and start poking with a test light and work my way down.... but my guess is you are right and it is at the junction. Good luck finding it!

cucvrus

My guess is the turn signal switch in the steering column. Not a fun switch to change but very doable if you take your time. I just disassembled an entire column to get to the wiper switch. I replaced the wiper switch and reassembled the column. I attempted in the past but in the truck. It was much better with the column removed and on the work bench under good lighting. Easier all around. Good Luck.

cruzer747

-edit- im tired, if you have turn signals and brake switch is giving power past the harness to the turn signal switch, your problem lies within, I should get some sleep before I post!

Wouldnt hurt to clean the harness, should be on right side of steering column. white is brake lights in, green and yellow are brake lights left and right out, purple is signal flasher in, brown is hazard flasher in, blues are front lights out. If you wanted to verify that your brake and hazard signals are not leaving the switch (cucvrus is almost certainly correct here) you should probe at this harness.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks