• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light below fuel guage says I have a problem....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, ignore the warning on the Master Cylinder cover, that says, DOT 5 only.:roll:

4bogginchevys

okay, I drove the 1008 to get coffee this morning and there was no problems at all. I was confident to do this because it's low population/slow speeds to get there and the ditch is only a few feet away! The drive was without incident. Pedal was great, the light never blinked at all. It seems to good to be true i know, I talked to a buddy of mine and came up with a new scenario: seems the truck sat before I got it, if it wasn't being used as a farm truck. I'm told that years of dirt and brake dust accumulating in the drums and them being washed away with all of the water crossings I did, would cause just the issue I had. All the shmag gets washed out and the shoes need to expand to fill the space. makes sense in thoery to me because after the fluid level drop .5" it stayed steady and still is. I'll watch this closely for my sake and others on the road....now the only question is, should I spend 30.00 on a little brake fluid to top it off, or 12.00 and do a hole system flush with dot 3syn:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks