• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Light Issue

1stgear

Here's a strange one. I got home last night and when I hit the brakes my right front signal lights up (like a brake light) but my rear right doesn't. Driver's side is functioning properly. Any ideas?!?!

1stgear

Yes, but check the cheaper to fix issues mentioned above first.
I still have the old unit. I'll throw it on and see if that fixes the issue! That's just as easy as checking the other areas. I'm actually hoping it's a bulb or a ground though. I don't feel like having to send that thing back for a refund. lol

1stgear

Went home for lunch and tried putting in the old turn signal handle to see if that fixed the issue. No dice. BUT, there was a small difference. When I hit the brakes, the front passenger side didn't come on.

Here's a link to the auction of the turn signal handle I purchased. I have a 1992 M998 Humvee. Is this the correct handle? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/201649606184

dilvoy

The Humvee is one of the M Series Vehicles that share turn signal systems, head lamp assys, tail light assys, front marker assys, light switch assy and probably some other things.

1stgear

Okay, did some digging this afternoon. It's a combo issue. The bulb is blown and the turn signal switch must be bad. When you hit the brakes the both rear turn signals come on as well as the front right passenger light. When I put the old turn signal unit on, everything worked fine except for the blown bulb. Must be something wrong with the new unit I received.

1stgear

Stuuuupid question-- you did try it with a new bulb right?
I couldn't get a new bulb at the parts store. Had to order one. But I did put the good bulb from the left side in the right side. When I had the new turn signal switch installed the front right AND back right bulbs lit up. When I put the old turn signal switch back on, only the back right lit up. I'm thinking that the switch must have been sending power to both units when I hit the brakes and the back bulb burnt out. In hindsight, I noticed the issue after I installed the new switch - never before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks