• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Light Switch Part Number?

datsunaholic

I've done a number of searches, but I can't seem to find the part number for the brake light switch (the air type). I have the part number and a number of sources for the upgrade kit, but my truck was already upgraded by the military. However, the switch is dead (verified by jumpering the wires, brake lights come on, but they don't work on the road) so I just need the switch itself. All the surplus dealers I found just carry the upgrade kit if anything.

joshgar8

I am in the same boat....I did all the searching the post for the answer and came up with nothing. I am glad you asked, I was worried about all the "seach the old post" responses. Those dont help me with my bad brake light switch :cry: I hope we can find the answer. I heard Napa sold the switch but I took mine down there and came out empty handed........

datsunaholic

Yeah, most of the posts I searched through were folks asking how to install the retrofit kit, or folks asking how to diagnose. I Already have the retrofit kit and I've already diagnosed the problem I just need the part number. Memphis comes up empty (they don't list part numbers and their prices are 50% higher than Saturn on most everything else anyway). Saturn has the whole kit (for about $40 + shipping) but I don't need the kit, I just need the switch.

Well, I guess I'll just have to head to a truck parts place and find something generic. Anyone know the thread size? I already know where to get a generic switch but it's 1/4" NPT.

MitchG

I seem to remember a thread about adding a hitch to trucks that had some info about the brake light switch. If I remember correctly it was desertfox that had the info on the switch he added to his brake pac to run his trailer lights/brake controller. I'll try searching myself to see if I can find it.

fasttruck

Had this problem here and bought a commercial air stop lite switch as military one with packard plugs not to be found and checked with mephis on this. Got matching packard plugs and plugged into stock harness to avoid cutting military wires and used eye terminations to attach to screw posts on civey switch.