• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake lights always on

Givinup

Is there a position where the brake lights activate only when pressed? Turn signals and all other indicators work great, but in all settings I've tried so far, brake lights are always illuminated.

Very possible it's user error as I'm the only one at the shop testing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dronsen

Is there a position where the brake lights activate only when pressed? Turn signals and all other indicators work great, but in all settings I've tried so far, brake lights are always illuminated.

Very possible it's user error as I'm the only one at the shop testing.

What mosel

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You want the bottom left switch up and the top right one down. The brake light switches are on the brake pedal assembly. Maybe one is shorted the contacts are open.

dmetalmiki

Odd question..The brake lights should only come on when the brake pedal is depressed. Some vehicles have the brake lights illuminate when the handbrake is on. When a black out switch is on, then no 'bright lights' illuminate. Check your switching. If correct, then there is a short to ground in the brake light circuit somewhere.

snowtrac nome

Try the 4 ways turn and brake are on the same filament in the bulb, if the 4 wqys are on and the flasher is fried it will be the same as having brake lights on. First however disconnecting the brake light switch will tell you if the brake switch is bad.

Givinup

Odd question..The brake lights should only come on when the brake pedal is depressed. Some vehicles have the brake lights illuminate when the handbrake is on. When a black out switch is on, then no 'bright lights' illuminate. Check your switching. If correct, then there is a short to ground in the brake light circuit somewhere.
Do you know if the m1088a1 has a handbrake?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know about the military technical manuals?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks