• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Lights Switch

Intel

New here and just recently picked up my 7Ton, all the lights function except the brake lights. I have been all around the vehicle looking for the switch that turns on the brake lights. The closest I have come is a Kissling 26.56.08 relay located under the dash, behind the steering column and above the Bendix E-7 dual cylinder brake valve. Correct me if I am wrong but the only reason I doubt that Kissling relay is not it is because it has to have the ignition in the ON position for it to receive power (I believe the brake lights should work with just the battery switch ON).

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never tried the brakes with just the battery switch on. Let me run out and see right now. I am curious to see what happens.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct. The brakes lights work if the battery switch is on but the "ignition switch" in the cab is off. I never knew that.

Intel

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread but, after a deep clean of the interior I found the brake light switch. I feel pretty stupid because what i thought was apart of the kissling relay was actually the brake switch. Behind the steering column above the brake pedal valve is the kissling relay located on the passenger side of a T fitting for the air. The other side of the T is a small black switch but with all the Yermo dirt that had accumulated back there it and the T fitting where difficult to distinguish. That small switch is for the brake light. What makes me even madder is that after testing the switch I determined it wasn't receiving power. The fuse block with the circuit breakers all seemed to be working as none of the resets were engaged. After testing each one of them #22 relay position had a faulty circuit breaker which so happened to be for the brake lights, I switched it out and what do you know I have brake lights. Thanks again Jon for your help.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Intel,

Glad to hear you fixed it!

BTW, I too had problems with the circuit breakers and I took all of mine out. I replaced with fuses and now I have less problems and I have not blown a single fuse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks