• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Lights.

Ugg013

Hi:

I recently had the fuel filters replaced on the Frog. I know that 2 of them are on the firewall. Well, since that time I discovered that my brake lights only occasionally work. All other light functions work properly, it's just that the brake lights come on only some of the times that the pedal is depressed. I was wondering if there's a switch or something on the firewall near the fuel filters that could have been jarred or something. :?

Later
Ugg 8)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only thing that might be in the area is the signal flasher on the inner fenderwell across from the secondary and final filter. Without adequate ground, funny things can happen and your brake light circuit runs right through this.

Ugg013

I LOOKED.

Hi:

Well, I got the Frog runnin now (it's 16 out). I traced the brake pedal and located the switch under the master. There's like a brass fitting that the wires plug into and that looks brandy new. The wires seem a bit brittle, but that may be due to the cold, and they're plugged in all the way as far as I can tell. Is there any fuses inline? The reason I ask is that we plugged in the trailer and that's when I discovered things. We had changed the harness on the trailer, and it turns out my son, in his infinate wisdom, decided that he didn't have to listen to the old man. He unplugged ALL the wires at the same time. I had told him to do 1 at a time and he wouldn't hook things up wrong that way. :x It looks like he's cost me more $$$$ again because he don't listen. Now It seems I'll have to take the Frog somewhere to get it fixed. :x

Later
Ugg 8)

Ugg013

Further Update.

Hello:

What a way to be spending a holiday, crawlin under a deuce when it's 16 out and 45 MPH wind gusts. :roll: Anywho, I discovered that I don't have a multimeter, it's an ohlms tester. So, it looks like I'll be joining my wife on her adventures during "BLACK FRIDAY". Hmmm, maybe a trip to Harbor Freight? :)

Back to the brakes. I was checking out the TM's, 9-2320-361-20 to be exact, and it showed how to test the switch. There was a note about hydraulic stoplight switches. How do you determine if that's what you have? In looking at the image in para 4-29 (removal of switch), my unit looks different (no funny comments please). However, in table 2-4 #26 (electrical troubleshooting), the older unit looks like what I have. Can anybody tell me what I have? :? I really don't want to ASSUME anything.

Tanks
Ugg 8)

Boatcarpenter

Brake Light Switch

This is a picture of my airpack as taken out. The brake light switch is far left. The shiny aluminum nut is a reducer and the switch with rubber boot screws into that. The switch has on it for numbers;FASCO Indus NO 7332P/ORD NO 7064588. It is on the pressure side of the brake portion of the airpack and the end is open to the fluid so yes, it is hydraulic. This is all I can offer, but maybe it helps a little.

Attachments

Ugg013

Boatcarpenter:

Thanks for the try. Nope, that doesn't look like the critter I got. Then again, I was upside down when looking at it, and some people say I don't function even when I'm rightside up. :lol: I tried to link the image from the TM, but of course, my limited ability prevented me from doing so. :oops:

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks