• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Lining Thickness

rustystud

Recently was in the brakes on my ‘70. Was told by a couple long time daily driver deuce owners that deuce shoes wear very slowly. Neither had ever had to replace theirs. I think I had 1/8” to the rivers and they said that should last forever.
The original Deuce linning's are "G" rated which means they are hard ! Hard shoes wear longer but the problem is they wear the drums out faster. Most trucks use a "F" or softer linning so the drums and shoes wear out evenly. I guess the military wanted the shoes to outlast the drums for safety reasons, since most drums can run over-size and still perform well but if the shoes are to the metal you will hardly have any braking ability.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks