• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Not Bleeding off Pressure

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well as for the axles yes I do pull them to do the hub bearings. I don't know if Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange could pull off that magic but will to let him try.
As for the major brake adjustment I don't pull the axles just spin the tire. What I do also is back off the jam nut all the way off the bottom adjuster. Then spray something in the stud sticking out. You can work the stud back and forth a little if you want to get the lube on the back side if the adjuster. Then wipe off any extra and apply never- seize to stud threads and install jam nut. Adjust brakes and lock down the jam nut go for a ride.

rustystud

Well as for the axles yes I do pull them to do the hub bearings. I don't know if Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange could pull off that magic but will to let him try.
As for the major brake adjustment I don't pull the axles just spin the tire. What I do also is back off the jam nut all the way off the bottom adjuster. Then spray something in the stud sticking out. You can work the stud back and forth a little if you want to get the lube on the back side if the adjuster. Then wipe off any extra and apply never- seize to stud threads and install jam nut. Adjust brakes and lock down the jam nut go for a ride.
I find especially with gear reduction differentials that there is to much drag to get a proper feel for the brakes when adjusting them.
Oh Dr. Strange teaches at the transit department. He teaches us how to become "one" with the equipment ! So if you ever see me sitting in the engine compartment, I'm becoming one with the engine !

Last edited:

hoop

As gringletaub said brake rod too long or a tiny passage in the master cylinder can get clogged and cause this as I’ve seen it many times on cars, atvs and side by sides, it causes the dragging/not releasing brakes and the hard pedal with no free play.
Open the valve just slightly on the service brake glad hand.
That's the one on the left rear.
If problem goes away it's the air pack, if not it's the master cylinder.

Tom
This was my way of opening the tiny hole...just a push pin with duct tape and a grabby thing. Instant relief.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks