• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake pads/shoes

FLINT

Hi all,

this may be a silly question, but does anyone recommend a specific brand or type of break pads/shoes for the 1008/1028?

I haul a lot of wood and sometimes across a mountain and want the brakes to work as well as possible!!!!

Thanks!

Midnight Rider

I went with whatever NAPA had on hand.

However, if you want your brake system to work as well as possible, then you need to dig deeper into the whole system, not just the brake pads/shoes. The best brake pads/shoes won't be worth a nickel if a line breaks or the brake booster fails.

Replace all of the brake lines, maybe switch to steel braided. Go through the brake booster and make sure it is up to snuff.

FLINT

ok, thanks, i'll definitely do all that eventually.

there is nothing at all currently wrong with my brakes, they work awesome, I'm just thinking ahead for when I replace them.

I'm always amazed when I'm driving with a heavy load, how the brakes seem to work just about as good as with no load - you can barely tell a difference.

I guess that's why it pays to go with a one ton truck if you carry any kind of weight