• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Part Needed: Front Axle Distribution Tee

RallyRebel

Spent about an hour with search looking for a parts source and wasn't successful, so early apologies if there are threads on this. Basically, took the deuce down the road to top off the newly sandblasted and repainted fuel tank when I lost the brakes on the way back. The front line went out and while removing it the rubber line to the axle came out too (fitting frozen). In removing the rubber line from the axle tee I found the threads were all buggered up, so I need to replace the tee. If anyone has one they'd like to part with or know which supplier might have these I'd appreciate it. Seems like finding 5/16" brake stuff is gettin' kinda hard at the local parts houses anymore.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think,your local Napa could get it overnight if they didn't have it instock.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are talking about the part that sits on top of the front diff that the two steel lines go into? I've got about 20 front axles that still have them on if you can't find one locally. I would think a local parts store should have one though.

RallyRebel

Are talking about the part that sits on top of the front diff that the two steel lines go into? I've got about 20 front axles that still have them on if you can't find one locally. I would think a local parts store should have one though.
Yup, that's the part! Basically a brass tee on a bracket mounted to the axle. It's item number 34 on the attached diagram. Local NAPA, at least three of them, has no clue. Then again, they've all got kids working there now that don't even know you can get stuff in 24V!

So, yeah, if you can part with a couple PM or post a number with shipping to 33880. It's about the only thing keeping me off the road and I don't want to have to make one. :wink:

Attachments

zout

Our NAPA has too lazy of personnel to look for simple stuff - when they see me head behind the counter after I walk in the door and head to the fittings bins they leave me along. First of all they know I am not going to steal from them and when I walk up to the counter after I have found my fittings I give them the part numbers.

Even then they give the look they do not want to cash out such a simple sale - but I do advise them of their attitude. Just gotta know where to look.

They use to tell me they did not carry it till I started looking in the drawers of the brake line parts bins.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you can use compression fittings on brake lines.
:ditto:
This one would be a 7/16-24 tpi female tee, SAE flare, brass. (For 1/4" double flared brake line, of course).
They are commercially available, but not exactly with that OEM (steel)bracket attached; so one would have to fabricate some kind of clamp to hold it in place...

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks