• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake parts - wheel cylinders, specifically

mo-mudder

Hey guys
I recently had a little mishap on the way to the mud races, and my left-front wheel totally sheared off the truck; all 12 spindle bolts gave up the ghost, and the birfield joint lost it's guts. Luckily, I'm pretty handy with a wrench and had the wheel back on and the deuce was moving later that night. Anyhow, on the return trip from the races, I hit the brakes and it felt like a sponge. After filling the master cylinder reservoir for the second time that day, I'm thinkin that now would be a great time to redo the brakes. Anyone got Napa or car quest numbers on wheel cylinders? Do they also have all the other brake parts?

white135

Guys, I ended up buying my wheel cylinders from a guy in Canada, dont remember his name, but hes in MVM.
FYI, the guys near here at Brake Materials Inc, were able to visually id the cylinders, and could get new appropriate ones. be prepared though, as the price they quoted was approx $50 each.

Eric

butch atkins

wheel cyls brake parts

i tried to buy wheel cyls at napa ,dont remember the part # ,54.00 ea,so i bought mine from niagra military parts,907-732-4122,in canada,in oct 2007, i was expecting newer made stuff but all 12 of them are dated 1968 and have a us ord#,all of them are nos in box, i posted about this last yr when i got them,havent put them on yet ,but will soon,when i talked to ralph at this place i didnt ask how old they were,only if they were nos and in box,they were as he described them,just dont know how 40 yr old parts are going to be onc e i put them on,hope they work ,would hate to spend 650.00 for new napa parts,dont try just replacing the one that leaks,you should do all 12 at once,i didnt the first time around and did double work because as soon as you fix one,and get agood brake pedal,the next weakest one will start to leak,back in 1992 when i did this i bought wheel cyls from white owl equipment,28.00 ea,and they were nos in box,dont remember the date on them,good luck on your project,keep us posted ,buy lots of brake fluid ,your going to need it

butch atkins

wheel cyls

forgot to tell,price from niagra 15.25 ea, 12or more 14.50 ea.last yr when i bought mine were 12.00 ,bought 12 total was around 183.00 w s&h,looking at his add now so thats in march 2008 mvm magazine

LOGGJAM

i did see a few on e-bay recently for 25 to 35 bucks each
or you can go to napa and get the rubber cups for them and rebuild them your self if you have the time. clean them good w/brake cleaner, hone the rust if any out of the bore, clean with a bottle brush and reassemble with new cups,seals, pistions if needed usually not but for a 1/4 of the price and them working like new it works for me...
wagner or bendix have a wide variety of cup sizes seals etc...

:)

nattieleather

When I had a M211 some 10 or 12 years ago....I got 12 wheel cylinders from Niagra and they worked great. I got the MC from a truck parts store....when I was done rebuilding the system I could stop that puppy on a dime and give nine cents change.

I would think that somehow the ord # could be crossed referrenced to get a commercial part #. Maybe a truck parts store might be a better place to look than a NAPA.....

butch atkins

wheel cyl part #s

ordnance part #7412065 , federal stock # 2530-741-2065 , ordnance stock #g-749-7412065,gmc part #2285332 , wagner electric corp #14413,take any of these part #S anywhere ,to any auto parts store,they will look at you as if you are from another world,the only cross reference # that would work was the gmc part #,and napa was the only one who could get it,even took the ord 9 book with me and still no help,all these #s came out of the ord 9 book,it is a blast when you show the ord 9 book with pics of the truck to a parts counter person,they really try to help ,but if its not in their computer ,they are lost,goode luck to all ,hope the part #s help .post if they do

hmburner

Its Niagara military in Welland Ontario. I just bought 12 wheel cylinders and all the flex hoses from him,nice guy to deal with. I have to go back and see him about my new spare tire carrier and rim (mine was bent when i bought the truck) Its nice having a supplier 10 miles from home,now if i only had more money

As a side note, about 10 miles the other way there is a real nice M135 for sale with a M211 going with it for parts ,the 135s wheels are seized owner tells me and he wants 5 grand for them both (dreamer) next time im out that way i will see if i can get some pics of this gem

Bill

stephenfeldmeier

You know I have tried everything that you can possibly do to wheel cylinders, once they start leaking the only permeant fix is to buy new ones, NOT NOS. So i bit the big one and ordered 12 of them from Memphis Equipment. Best thing I have ever done, now I can lock up all the wheels when empty. Afraid to test with a full weight load, I don't like tearing up tires

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks