• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake pedal is spongy but still works well

als804

My brake pedal got suddenly weird. When i drove trails I pushed the brake pedal many times and then clearly noticed i got spongy pedal. It’s very very sudden and scary. But the brake still works……

but there is no resistance until reaching to 3/4 travel of The pedal. there is no any fluid leak in car and master cylinder reservoir still has full of fluids. But No brake pedal pressure but i can feel pressure at almost last point where Brake starts to work. And i tested the brake that i was putting both brake pedal and gas pedal together then car didn’t go. I can’t push the brake pedal to floor due to pressure And i noticed there is still brake power at the last point.

is this master cylinder failure? Power steering works nice

Last edited:

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not sure this would happen suddenly but I had a similar issue after replacing my brake system. Turned out it needed to be bled more as there was still a pocket of air in the system and also my rear shoes needed to be adjusted closer to the drums. It’s worth checking while you’re troubleshooting.

als804

the next day i tested my brake and worked it again. one day resting could make brake fixed ?
i guess internal seals problem in the master cylinder. so i decided to replace it with brand new master cylinder which i already has.
changing it is very easy jobs. i followed the bleeding procedure in TM. also i found input rod of master cylinder was very rusty and dirty. so i cleaned it with wd 40 and sprayed Sillicon oil. i used DOT 4 Brake oil instead of DOT 5 wich you can see it with very rusties in the master cylinder below picture.
( Choosing breake fluid is always battlefield. In Korea is very humid so i will regulary change DOT 4 which can abosrber water much more than DOT 5. )
Right after chaning it i can feel very soft and strong pressure of brake. i love it,

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

the old master cylineder which i suspected internal leakage.
IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks