• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake pedal stiffens as pushed...

ekdee1

Alright, I bled my brakes in the Deuce this morning. All was well until I went for a drive. The pedal went almost to the floor, but stiffens up as I pump it. Anyone experience this? Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Brakes are all adjusted per spec, the truck sat for a couple of months as I worked on the front end but were working properly before hand. Master cylinder is full and I can't find any hydraulic leaks. The air tanks are full and the system holds air...

Thanks!

eyesofthunder

I agree, if you pump up and they pump up and seem ok, then air in the lines, but if you try to pump up and it stay down, that is more likely adjustment and if you pump up and the pedal keeps sinking, fluid leakage....

Being the deuce is air over hydraulic IIRC, so it uses air as your power boost, so if it is just plain hard, then look in the air system.

benfwdhar1m35a1

I had exactly the same problem! I bled the brakes several times and no better!!!!!:evil:

Turns out the airside of the airpak had become stuck, so i removed the J-pipe and fired a few squirts of oil into the back of the airpak, aired up the system and up came the pedal and no prob's since.:-D

I found this info here on the site.

good luck.