• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake problem

rizzo

I have bled the brakes, but they are still not working correctly. when i first got in the truck today the peddle went to the floor, but after a couple pumps came up hard, but it will not stop the truck very fast. Feels like my 5 ton with no air pak.

I adjusted the brake shoes up a couple years ago.

I think it may need more bleeding and a airpak rebuild.

what do you guys think?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been working on my brakes ever since they locked up. Here is what I know so far.
If the air pack fails, the pedal will be hard but not a lot of braking power (no air assist makes stopping alot harder). Take the square plug out the back of the airpack and see if brake fluid comes out. also follow the air line out of the airpack to where it meets the engine and look for brake fluid.

The fact that your pedal goes to the floor tells me you either still have air or adjustment is off.

Do you have the 1/4 to 1/2" freeplay?

rizzo

Re: RE: Brake problem

bigmike said:
I have been working on my brakes ever since they locked up. Here is what I know so far.
If the air pack fails, the pedal will be hard but not a lot of braking power (no air assist makes stopping alot harder). Take the square plug out the back of the airpack and see if brake fluid comes out. also follow the air line out of the airpack to where it meets the engine and look for brake fluid.

The fact that your pedal goes to the floor tells me you either still have air or adjustment is off.

Do you have the 1/4 to 1/2" freeplay?
maybe that is where my brake fluid is going.

more freeplay than that.

I am gonna lift it up with the crane and adjust the shoes again. I tried tonight, but could not tell where they were at.