• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake problems??????????

wesley bristow

I'm having trouble bleeding the air out of the brakes on one of my deuce and a halfs that I bobbed. I rebuilt the master cylinder because it was leaking and put new wheel cylinders on the front axle. I didn't put new ones on the bake because they seemed to be okay. I've blead the brakes several times starting at the back and working my way all the way to the air assist and it still will just loose pressure once you let off the brakes and it sits for a minute. The only thing I can think of is that the air assist is bad or it's because I forgot to bench bleed the master cylinder.

Kaiser67M715

IMO a power bleeder is nice, but will likely not solve the issue at hand. I let my whole system gravity bleed, before using the two man system(and once with a vacuum bleeder). still have nice firm pedal.

My whole system was rebuilt, all new lines, rebuilt all the wheel cylinder, and rebuilt master and air pack.

Does the pedal loose pressure with no air? or only loose pressure with air? have you checked inside the drums to verify any seals have not blown out of the brake wheel cylinders? and have you pulled the push-rod boot on the master to verify it is not leaking? and finally, do you get a little pressure back when pumping the brakes(specify if you do, if it was with air assist, and/or without air)

Again it is just my opinion that a power bleeder will not solve the issue at hand. (It is a handy tool though, and definitely worth building)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks