• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake question for a bobbed Deuce with 14.00R20 wheels/tires

Alexander

I'm on the cusp of bobbing my duce and putting the oversized wheels/tires on it. (I know the 395s would be a better choice , but I already have the 14.00s) I'm getting an uneasy feeling that with the additional rotating mass and one less set of axles, the braking would be marginal. Please tell me I have nothing to worry about. I don't want to spend any more money.....

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much to worry about IF you brake system is in good shape.. No air in the lines, no leaking wheel cylinders, no sludge stuff in the master cylinder, brake shoes are within spec, everything working as it should.

Check your MC fluid level as part of your PMCS prior to any trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks