• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake question M989 Trailer

WPNS421

I recently got a m989 trailer and am having trouble comprehending the brakes on the trailer. I hook up my brakes to the truck M35 and hit the pedal once or twice but the brakes are locked. On the front of the trailer there is a push lever and once you play with this the brakes unlock and the function normally. How or what does that push knob do???? I tried looking in the specs sec tion but it will not let me in. Could someone who knows tell me the hookup procedure. Thanks.

WPNS421

Yes both valves on the truck were turned on and I also check to make sure I did not have the hoses on backwards. It's the little knob on the front that is throwing me for a loop. It says on the plate "Push to release brakes"?????

jaxsof

It is a straight "air brake" trailer. That is most likely a parking brake -releases air from the spring chamber applying the parking brake (straight air brakes usually have at least one axle that will apply the brakes in the absence of air, preventing a roll-away)

Nice Trailer! :drool:

Jersey4x4

How about the front glad hand vent. I believe it is the starboard front glad hand, it should have a vent in the cap to allow air back out and if clogged it will cause the brakes to stick. It wont let the air out of the trailer brakes if the vent is clogged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks